• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Invite to meet with me at the Starbucks in Crestwood

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

I will be at the Starbucks inCrestwood open carrying this Sat,May 15thfrom 6pm till 7pm. Anyone wanting to join me, just say hi or come down to see if I get tackled by the local LEO's. Feel free to stop in.Crestwood is OC legal to the state's definition( ie a CCW is not required). I do not claim responsibility for any heart-ship joining me may or may not cause you. This is not an official gathering just a notice of my where abouts at that time on that day. If you are wanting to come but need to read the city ordinances for yourself andwould like to see how to look up the codes I will post such info if requested.

Starbucks address is: 9590 Watson Road, Crestwood, MO‎ 63126

It is located across the street from Crestwood Plaza

Doc

DSCF2371.jpg

Superlite27

imported post

I'll be there. Hopefully it'll be a little warmer this weekend.

If not, I'll just sit next to Doc....

The reflected rays of the sun should keep me toasty.

Justin

imported post

Keep in mind that St. Louis County has a county ordinance covering open carry. To the letter of the law you'll need written permission from the property owner/manager to be legal.

I know you guys have done these meetups a couple times, but just want to make sure everything has been looked at. The online county code is down right now, but check the wording of the county law.

nrepuyan

imported post

Justin wrote:
Keep in mind that St. Louis County has a county ordinance covering open carry. To the letter of the law you'll need written permission from the property owner/manager to be legal.

The online county code is down right now, but check the county law before diving in.

i would assume this would be for the parts of st louis county that do not have their own municipalities.

secondly, seeing as to how this business' company policy is open / welcomes open carry i don't believe this is an issue.

also to throw it out there...all the other areas in "st louis county" that we have been where there have been an active law enforcement presence...there have been no problems.

correct doc?

Justin

imported post

I retract my statement, what I've always seen quoted is 712.040(9).

No one ever mentions 712.030 which limits the scope purely to unincorporated St. Louis County.

cash50

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
I will be at the Starbucks inCrestwood open carrying this Sat,May 15thfrom 6pm till 7pm. Anyone wanting to join me, just say hi or come down to see if I get tackled by the local LEO's.

It should be noted that Crestwood Sagittariuses are also anti-OC, so beware of them as well.

Justin

imported post

Odds are I'll be there, not carrying for decent holster reasons (only a pouch IWB), but I'll play the voyeur part if need be. And **** the crestwood sagitarians, if they were real sagitarians (as per astrological descriptions) they'd believe everyone has the right to live their life as they see fit to any risk they deem necessary.

I'll be in a black VW, not OCing, but carrying a video camera.

silo

imported post

Planning for next weekend, where ever that may be! This weekend I have the kiddos all to myself (wife works 12 hour shifts).

cash50

imported post

I'm coming, prolly bringing my brother who would also be packin (openly, of course).

sohighlyunlikely

imported post

Good times were had by all(other than maybe the shift manager). A new St Louis county record was set at 8 armed legally armed OC citizens. No Leo encounters were had and Crestwood's OC awayness was defiantly raised a bit.

Doc

DSCF2383.jpg
DSCF2390.jpg

DSCF2391.jpg
DSCF2387.jpg

Superlite27

imported post

sohighlyunlikely wrote:
Good times were had by all(other than maybe the shift manager).
Shift Manager: "....er......um......excuse me, are you police officers?"

Me: "No Ma'am."

Shift Manager: "Well I thought Missouri was a concealed carry state."

Me: (I didn't want to get into particulars) "No Ma'am. We're all perfectly legal."

Shift Manager: "Well, some of our employees are uncomfortable with the guns. (fidgets and shifts eyes)

I look behind the counter and everyone else is happy as a lark. The ONLY person who seems nervous is THE MANAGER HERSELF.

Which is confirmed whenI walk up to the counter and order another coffee. As I am paying, the manager is grabbing her coat and purse and making for the door. SoI say:

Me: "Have a nice evening."

Shift Manager: (screaming) "WHAT DID YOU JUSTSAY???"

Me: "Er...Have a nice evening?"

Shift Manager: "Oh."

She then bolts out the door AND WALKS AROUND THE PARKING LOT FOR THE NEXT HALF HOUR! (strange?!?)

Yeah. Her employees are uncomfortable alright. They are so uncomfortable smiling and talking to each other.

I finally left.

Did she ever come back in, or is she still skulking around the parking lot?

Evidently she wasn't too uncomfortable to walk up and have a conversation about the legality of our presence.