• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NPR Airtime for 2A

PointofView

imported post

During the discussion today they explored how a recent abusive relationship ended with the death of a college student. The Dr. they were interviewing stated that non-married couples have a substantial amount of troulbe obtaining restraining orders against each other.

I called in and commented on the fact that the judicial system is reactive after a crime has been committed and that students should be able to defend themselves. I asked if it is promoted by different organizations that the subject obtain training in self defense or even be trained to carry a firearm. I also stated that currently individuals are not able to defend themselves with firearms on college campuses.

Just bringing that to the table may make someone think.

V/R

Jblack44

imported post

I can't stand that lady's voice.:what: Drives me :celebrate, but not in a"dancing" way. But glad to hear that you brought up self defense!