• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How about a little "Roll Call"

CRCowboy

imported post

I'm just curious, how many of us are there in say... the Castle Rock /Parker / Monument / Franktown,area? Not specific to these towns, but say a 20 mile reach of Castle Rock. Sure would like to meet abunch of my like minded compatriots. Maybe we could do a meet and greet breakfast,lunch , dinner?

I'm sure as hell NOT excluding anyone from further!!!!!!! But 20 miles is pretty convenient for most people with out a lot of planing. I'll coordinate it and find us an easy OC friendly place.......... Your thoughts????? Want to help???

I'm not looking to make some big political statement at this event. We can do that another time --- Summer and good weather is coming :celebrate

Post, PM or e-mail with your preferred

1. Day of week

2.Time B L or Dinner

3. How much notice you need

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

It's probably time to have another breakfast. Last one was in Highlands Ranch- Village Inn. I understand IHOP, no not the international house of prayer, but the other IHOP here in CR is OC friendly, there is also a Village Inn on Wolfensberger. What about B&B Cafe downtown CR. Has some history, including the local shootout involving the first DC LEO fatality...

Options are open, except first weekend in June... Plan on.....

zach

imported post

If you do something just post up and I'll try to make it.

Between my last minute business trips, kids softball(I'm a coach), the other kids soccer there isn't much free time.

CRCowboy

imported post

zach wrote:
If you do something just post up and I'll try to make it.

Between my last minute business trips, kids softball(I'm a coach), the other kids soccer there isn't much free time.
Partner I know how that goes:lol: Come August, I'm drop kicking the last one to collage :celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Half Live

imported post

I'm up in Littleton but only about 25 miles north of Castle Rock. In fact I have family in Castle Rock.

Diocoles

imported post

Aurora by Colfax and I225.

Gets me just about anywhere in about 20 minutes or so depending on traffic.

Recovering from spine surgery at home right now. BORED to death.

Probably at least 2 weeks more before I can drive.

4 more weeks till I can even shoot a 22..sucks...

I'll do what I can to get out of here for a bit.

ZackL

imported post

Well, I'm in Calhan (about 30 miles northeast of the Springs) but I'll be there if I have enough notice and enough money.

Evil Ernie

imported post

Dang! I've been gone too long. Seems a BUNCH of DC residents on the forum these days. Sheesh...

Unfortunately, due to my working hours, most get togethers are out of the question for me. I'm with you all in spirit tho!

Hell, I can't even get to the range on a regular basis anymore. Haven't taken a shot since Sept.

zach

imported post

ZackL wrote:
Well, I'm in Calhan (about 30 miles northeast of the Springs) but I'll be there if I have enough notice and enough money.
Zack,
Do you live in town or out east of town? We may have to talk if you have access to any property out there..

Dynamite Rabbit

imported post

mahkagari wrote:
INSPGAD wrote:
Well I'm in Longmont are there any of the group up in the northern Colorado area maybe Loveland, Berthoud, FTC that meet

We had a couple Firestone meetups last year:

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/view_topic.php?id=31465&forum_id=13
We're up for another one. The Sports Grill in Firestone was very hospitable, although a tad loud on game day. The Firestone police are possibly a little more educated than they were before our last get-together, thanks to Mahkagari and others. ;)

mahkagari

imported post

INSPGAD wrote:
Hummmmmmm I'll have to see what I can do never have done this before

Here's what I did. Others can give their input.

1) Pick a venue. Someplace you like. Someplace that's OC friendly. Someplace you want to support. Someplace more than 1000' from a school (check google maps) to avoid any argument. I'm a fan of locally owned and operated venues that are friendly to everyone.

2) Scout them. If you haven't OC'd there. Go have a meal. Behave like a good customer who's a good citizen who just happens to be OCing. Be nice to the staff. Take your family. TIP WELL and SMILE.

3) If things are going well, ask for a manager/owner.SMILE. Introduce yourself. Get his or her name.Hopefully he's seen your weapon by this point. Let him know you're setting up a get together for a large group of friends and you want to know if they can be accomodated (10 to 20 is a good number). Reaffirm thatyou expect they'll be carrying andif that's okay.

I admit that I wussed out a couple of times and said, "My shooting friendswho might be coming straight from the range." What? Don't look at me that way. It wasn't a lie. They all shoot and they MIGHT be straight from the range. Younever know.

4) Post it in advance enough for people to mark their calendars. Don't ask what date works for people. You'll get 500 different answers and then once you pick it, 90% of them will have a reason it doesn't work. Pick it, and let people who want to be there make a point of it.

5) Closer to the time, ask for a headcount. You'll get some yeses and some maybes. You just need a rough number, but as close to accurate as you can be.

6) Call the restaurant, or better yet, visit and OC. If you can speak with either your waiter from before or the manager, the better. Make the reservation (if they take them) and confirm they'll have room for you.

7) HAVE A GOOD TIME! :) Your goal is to meet other friendly OCers who are nice people and represent us well. Not have 5 grumpy old men mistreating the waitstaff and complaining loudly about the food.

8) Be prepared for sheeple. It's inevitable. Meet the dirty looks with a SMILE. Don't let their problems be yours.

9) Be prepared to leave. If things go south and the manager says to put away the guns or leave, it's their property. Don't make a scene. Don't quote laws at him. Just acknowledge that it's private property and so is your wallet, which you'll be taking elsewhere.

10) Be prepared for LEO contact. It's not a given, but it happens. Know that OC is legal. SMILE. Acknowledge that you're on private property and if the management doesn't want you there, you will leave. Know that it's the manager's decision, not the LEO's. But don't be confrontational about it.

11) Or you can just pick a *$ and skip everything but steps 4, 7, and 8.