• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Safe deposit boxes

mahkagari

imported post

I opened an account at Compass Bank just to get their free iTouch offer. I made it pretty clear that was all I was interested in and didn't want any upsells for other paid features. They did note that with my credit rating I qualified for their basic preferred client program. (Anything more than the basic needs a nice fat chunk of change deposited.) I noticed it comes with a free safety deposit box.

I'd been considering a safety deposit box just because there are some things I don't want stored onsite at my house. If I get hit by a flood or a burst pipe, my safe's not water tight and some documents would be damaged. I just don't have anything worth paying the rental, so this was a great opportunity.

It got me thinking about carrying. Going into a bank to make a quick deposit or withdrawl has its own risks. But if you're going to retrieve something from a safety deposit box?Getting spotted on thatmakes you a bit more prey than a few bucks' withdrawl of undetermined amount. Banks that may be OC friendly might have a different opinion before letting you into their vault. What if it's actually a gun that you want to keep in the box?

Anyone have any experience on the matter? Whether I'd carry otherwise, I'll definitely be CCing if a potential bad guy is going to see me walking out of the vault.

cscitney87

imported post

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH COMPASS BANK

Please. Here is the actual proof. Not hear say. I have never been a customer at Compass Bank nor never been an employee. I am just looking out for you and your security.
[line]
"Examiners found that Compass Bank distributed to dealerships various forms of “rate sheets” that instructed
dealers to price loans to unmarried (“non-spousal”) co-applicants at higher rates than loans to married (“spousal”) co-applicants
. In the case of Compass Bank’s low-documentation approval
program, some rate sheets instructed dealers to prevent non-spousal co-applicants from applying altogether. "

http://www.justice.gov/crt/housing/documents/compasscomp.pdf

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT

FOR THE NORTHERN DISTRICT OF ALABAMA

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, :
:
Plaintiff, :
: Civil Action No. 07-H-0102-S
v. :
:
COMPASS BANK, :
:
Defendant. :
COMPLAINT
Plaintiff, United States of America alleges:
1. The United States brings this action to enforce provisions of the Equal Credit
Opportunity Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1691-1691f (“ECOA”), and its implementing regulations located
at 12 C.F.R. Part 202 (“Regulation B”).

ColoradoFlyer

imported post

Sorry, but do you have to "quote" CS's entire above post that everyone can obviously see. If you want to quote a portion of a post or some key words, ok but honestly, we continue to see the inappropriate use of the quote function.
Finally, what does any of that have to do with the question originally posted. A simple question of what that has to do with OC would have been sufficient.

Sounds like a dilema regarding going in to Safe Deposit for retrevial of your gun...

Personally, I would not do business with Compass Bank and I am surprised that they have Safe Deposit boxes at very many of their locations... I thought Safe Deposit Boxes went the way of the gooney bird?:lol:

cscitney87

imported post

ColoradoFlyer wrote:
Personally, I would not do business with Compass Bank and I am surprised that they have Safe Deposit boxes...
Chill out Fellas. ColoradoFlyer echoes my sentiments sincerely.

Outside of that; there's no Colorado Forum Section Police. This discussion board isn't so narrow as to be outside the scope of the business you patron. In other words; if you include a business in the topic of a thread- that business is fair game to discuss.

Outside of All That; As you can read from my posts "I am only trying to help." Nothing more- I don't have these lawsuit links saved on my desktop for all things Compass Bank. could care a lot for You- whom I consider a friend in association with this board. So don't be threatened when I say- please don't shop Compass Bank because Compass Bank has been in violation of State and Federal laws and has been sued as such. It's a bullshit institution that has Not served the public. Only; has served to arbitrarily deny loans based on shallow minded policy.

Didn't mean to put you out.

Carry it.

Kingfish

imported post

The original post WAS about OC (if it is wise to OC while visiting box at the bank.) The following posts were a tad off topic but not entirely and never got really out of hand.

I would say all is good.