• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Help Me Out

CaptainDan

imported post

You guys who have been here for a while know Me and probably know I have been gone for a while and just recently joined in again,any way, what is this brocure I keep hearing about?

Where do I get some? I assumne the brocure quotes the La laws, and open carry rights?

Perhaps some one can scan one and e-mail it to Me?

If this brocure is what It sounds like to Me I would gladly pass out BOXES of them.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CaptainDan,

Good to see you posting again. A lot has happened since that lunch meeting at Shoney's in Marerro. The group has blossomed into a state organization along the lines of VCDL or PAFOA - albeit in its infancy just now.

If you go join, as tntorqu has suggested, you should be able to find the 2 pdf files for the front and back of the brochure. If not, PM me next time you're onshore and I'll try to meet up with you and give you a handful of them.

XD-GEM

CaptainDan

imported post

XD-GEM wrote:
CaptainDan,

Good to see you posting again. A lot has happened since that lunch meeting at Shoney's in Marerro. The group has blossomed into a state organization along the lines of VCDL or PAFOA - albeit in its infancy just now.

If you go join, as tntorqu has suggested, you should be able to find the 2 pdf files for the front and back of the brochure. If not, PM me next time you're onshore and I'll try to meet up with you and give you a handful of them.

XD-GEM

Thank you , nice to be among friends again. Yea i joined yesterday but I couldn't find the brocure, probably didn't look hard enough so I'll try again.

It's nice to see farmiliar names again

CaptainDan

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
what part of marrero do you live in? i live there too. thought i was the only open carrier :)

Nice to meet ya MarJeff, used to live on 13th st (behind winn dixie) recently moved to Belle Chasse to be closer to dock , I am a boat Captain.

By the way I have carried in CC's pizza , wal-mart, every gas station in Marrero, Wendy's, McDonalds you name it Man if it's in Marrero I have carried there. The only issue I had there was at the new Home Depot by a short Female cop and I went home retrieved a copy of the La laws and brought it to her , her partner cut me off , turned to her and said "He's right, You cant ask him to leave" after that I have carried there HUNDREDS of times with no incident.

By the way Brother, Marrero looks nice and quietbut be careful, My Wife and Son were attacked one evening at the gas station on the corner of Barataria and Westbank. She finally got to her gun and held the 2 grown men until police arrived. Who by the way took no statement from my Wife even though she had been assaulted and hit in the face with a hand full or quarters, "We'll take it fromn here mam, go home." What a joke huh?

IA-Pro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
XD-GEM wrote:
CaptainDan,

XD-GEM

Thank you , nice to be among friends again. Yea i joined yesterday but I couldn't find the brocure, probably didn't look hard enough so I'll try again.

It's nice to see farmiliar names again
Dan, I answered your post on LOCAL too - the pamphlet is at http://laopencarry.org/local-pamphlet-t186-10.html#p1639

marrero jeff

imported post

marrero is anything but nice. 2 men were shot and one killed in broad daylight on aims next to visitation church. right down the street from my house! and the way your wife was treated was ridiculous, i know a lot of JPs and they all are a lot more decent than that.

CaptainDan

imported post

IA PRO thanks, I got the pamphlet and am printing it out as we speak. Taking a stack offshore with me Wed. You would be amazed how many people I meet offshore.

Marrero Jeff , yea I didnt mean to imply the LEO in Marrero were sub standard, just the ones who dealt with my wife, for example you and I both know that without a victim statement, no charges were filed for the crime. No witness statement, no charges filed, nothing, so they were probably ticketed for somthing stupid and let go.Had I been there the paperwork would have been miles long. On the other hand had I been there the incident would probably never happened, thease 2 cowards only targeted my wife and young son becouse they appeared to offer no resistance. Boy were they wrong, momma was pak'in:celebrate

CaptainDan

imported post

As a matter of fact the LEO were not impolite at all just worthless.

The EXACT happenings were as follows,

When my wife produced her .38 one man STOPPED his assault immediatly and said "She's got a gun." His accomplis followed suit. The girl behind the glass had allready called the police at the first sigh of trouble. As the officers were pulling into the lot my wife laid her pistol on her front seat. The assailants began to shout at the police "She's got a gun." The first officer asked my wife "Is this true?" To which She replied "Yes Sir." They were informed by the clerk who called it in 2 men were attacking a woman and child so He seemed to be on her side. His next question was (I swear) "Do you have a permit for that?" To which she replied"I don't need one in Louisiana." He then asked Her how far she lived from there and She told Him "5 minutes" He then told her "Go home, We'll take care of this." and she left with no questions. They never asked her if she needed medical attention (allthough her face and neck were covered in bright red welts) if she wanted to press charges, or issue a statement of any kind.

As I said, they weren't mean to her, SHE stopped the attack, they rolled in AFTER THE fact and sent Her home, They were just , in every sense of the word .....USELESS

CaptainDan

imported post

turbodog wrote:
Welcome back CaptainDan! Good to see something from you again.

Thanks Turbodog, good to be among friends again .

By the way I'm leaving for work in a few hours (offshore) and I'll be gone 2 weeks, I'll check in as soon as I get home.

turbodog

imported post

CaptainDan wrote:
turbodog wrote:
Welcome back CaptainDan! Good to see something from you again.

Thanks Turbodog, good to be among friends again .

By the way I'm leaving for work in a few hours (offshore) and I'll be gone 2 weeks, I'll check in as soon as I get home.

Well you big teaser you!

Stay safe then and holla when ya get back.

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
marrero is anything but nice. 2 men were shot and one killed in broad daylight on aims next to visitation church. right down the street from my house!
I'm sorry to hear that. The pastor at Visitation is a dear friend of both my father and me. This must have greatly upset him. When was it?

XD-GEM

Campaign Veteran
imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
it was about two weeks ago. are you talking about father mike or father steve?
Actually, I know them both, but Fr. Mike is the pastor. Fr. Steve just got a new assignment that will probably mean he will be leaving Visitation. They're both good guys.