• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Please stop shopping at Meijer

eastmeyers

imported post

Lets see.... Shop at a company that doesn't approve of ANY basic human rights (except the people that pay their salary, yeah they are okay to have rights, but the people that work for us, NO NO they can't have any basic human rights, hell we only keep them alive so they can work for $5 a week)

"Always Low Prices"

-OR-

Shop at a MICHIGAN based company that as a general rule fallow all laws, meaning 90%+ of their stores allow OC, seeing as how I have OC'd in about 10+ Meijer stores (at least 50-100 times)and have NEVER had anything said to me. And I will remind you that they leave it up to individual managers, which has rarely been in acted, also they are PRIVATE PROPERTY and have the right to not want you on their property.

Again God Bless

PS: Look at how many of their US employees are on food, water, gas, electric, medical, and other assistant programs, because they don't pay ANYTHING!

eastmeyers

imported post

malignity wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
Okay PLEASE everyone who spends HARD earned money at Wal-Mart please please please watch this movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GINui9LdIQ&feature=PlayList&p=87A821847CBDE584&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

I am sorry, and I know this doesn't directly have to do with firearms, but it has to do with being Americans, and Humans in genral, so PLEASE please please watch this if you insist on shopping at Wal-Mart. If you still want to shop their after seeing this video, go for it, but do me the favor of watching it, its an 11 part series on the youtube site. Its under free-movies on Comcast-OnDemand alot too, just not right now.

Anyways God Bless guys and gals, carry on.

Movie or not, Wal-Mart has ammo for $5 cheaper a box than anywhere on the planet. I don't care if they're the worst company in the world, they have the cheapest ammo, and when you're on a low income, saving money is a necessity. lol

I am also low income, and my father and brother tried to use those excuses with me too but think of all the people who are low income because of the store you shop at. When you support this company you support other people being low income too, that is such a BS excuse! Sorry! I have a mortgage, medical bills, and eveything else, oh and I don't work because a Semi-Truck ran me over in my car in December, I am on an EXTREME fixed income! I don't want to hear it!

God Bless

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

you seem to be pretty well informed about such matters... i'm sure you're aware that in meijer scores consistently lower than walmart when rated by the human rights campaign. in fact meijer scored a 0% 3 years in a row. 15% last year as compared to walmart's 40%

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
malignity wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
Okay PLEASE everyone who spends HARD earned money at Wal-Mart please please please watch this movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GINui9LdIQ&feature=PlayList&p=87A821847CBDE584&playnext_from=PL&index=0&playnext=1

I am sorry, and I know this doesn't directly have to do with firearms, but it has to do with being Americans, and Humans in genral, so PLEASE please please watch this if you insist on shopping at Wal-Mart.  If you still want to shop their after seeing this video, go for it, but do me the favor of watching it, its an 11 part series on the youtube site.  Its under free-movies on Comcast-OnDemand alot too, just not right now.

Movie or not, Wal-Mart has ammo for $5 cheaper a box than anywhere on the planet. I don't care if they're the worst company in the world, they have the cheapest ammo, and when you're on a low income, saving money is a necessity. lol

I am also low income, and my father and brother tried to use those excuses with me too but think of all the people who are low income because of the store you shop at.  When you support this company you support other people being low income too, that is such a BS excuse!  Sorry!  I have a mortgage, medical bills, and eveything else, oh and I don't work because a Semi-Truck ran me over in my car in December, I am on an EXTREME fixed income!  I don't want to hear it!

God Bless
how many meijer employees are on public programs? the only reason you don't have that data is because meijer isn't as big as walmart and no one's made a movie about it. yet.

eastmeyers

imported post

Sounds like they are in corprate WalMart pocket!

I have frieds and family that work at Meijer and they are treated like gold. My mother in-law has worked their for21 years!

God Bless

malignity

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
malignity wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:

I am sorry, and I know this doesn't directly have to do with firearms, but it has to do with being Americans, and Humans in genral, so PLEASE please please watch this if you insist on shopping at Wal-Mart. If you still want to shop their after seeing this video, go for it, but do me the favor of watching it, its an 11 part series on the youtube site. Its under free-movies on Comcast-OnDemand alot too, just not right now.

I am also low income, and my father and brother tried to use those excuses with me too but think of all the people who are low income because of the store you shop at. When you support this company you support other people being low income too, that is such a BS excuse! Sorry! I have a mortgage, medical bills, and eveything else, oh and I don't work because a Semi-Truck ran me over in my car in December, I am on an EXTREME fixed income! I don't want to hear it!

God Bless

The Wal-Mart employee that gets minimum wage is just as equal to the Dunhams employee that makes the exact same amount of money.

Just because Dunhams charges more, that does not mean at ALL that their employees make more, that means that their CEO's get PAID more.

I refuse to pay a markup of $5 a box on ammo, just so CEO's can line their pocket book. If anything, shopping at Wal-Mart is BETTER, because they aren't making nearly the same profit.

eastmeyers

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
you seem to be pretty well informed about such matters... i'm sure you're aware that in meijer scores consistently lower than walmart when rated by the human rights campaign. in fact meijer scored a 0% 3 years in a row. 15% last year as compared to walmart's 40%

You seem to put alot of faith in "campaigns". Maybe we should just rely on this campaign too...

http://www.bradycampaign.org/

malignity

imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
does it sound like that? what are you basing that on? intuition? fact?
Fact. You obviously have never worked a job in retail. They all make the same, it doesn't matter if you work at Wal-Mart, Dunhams, Meijer, or a clothing store. The low men on the totem pole don't get paid jack. That's part of business. Every chain store on the planet is like this, and if you think I'm wrong, prove me otherwise, and please show me a retail job that pays more than $10/hr. Don't waste your time, because it simply doesn't exist. Every business has a primary goal to make profit, and the low men on the totem pole get paid nothing, while the CEO's get paid more.

To pay $5 more a box for ammo, so someone can better profit is an idiotic thing to do, and hey, if you want to, go right ahead, but I'll have none of it.

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

malignity, i think you meant to reply to eastmeyers, not me. i think our replies went through at the same time, i was replying to the eastmeyers post right above yours. i'm on your side bro

eastmeyers

imported post

Okay low man on the pole thats fine. What about when you work hard and and get a promotion? Normal place, from $7/h to $10+/h, WalMart $7/h to $7.01/h (dramatizing, but you get the point)

God Bless

smellslikemichigan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Okay low man on the pole thats fine.  What about when you work hard and and get a promotion?  Normal place, from $7/h to $10+/h, WalMart $7/h to $7.01/h (dramatizing, but you get the point)

God Bless
everyone cuts their own deal in life

hypershorty

imported post

i was asking because if you did not you could not open carry in meijers anyways because they sell liquor and you are not permitted to open carry unless you have a cpl.

malignity

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
Okay low man on the pole thats fine. What about when you work hard and and get a promotion? Normal place, from $7/h to $10+/h, WalMart $7/h to $7.01/h (dramatizing, but you get the point)

God Bless

Dude, my fiance worked at Michaels Craft store for 5 years, and was a Front End Supervisor. a SUPERVISOR. Want to know how much she got paid? $9/hr.

LETS BAN MICHAELS CRAFTS TOO!

This is business bro. This is how it works in every large company on the planet. It doesn't matter where you're working man, that's life.

hypershorty

imported post

thats what i thought i was just making sure i am new to open carry so i am trying to learn the laws before i carry because i look like i am 12. so i dont want to be stopped and not no the laws:D