• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wausau/Central Wisconsin

__

Banned
imported post

Glock34 wrote:
I am also a Business Professional, I own a very small one man full time Wedding DJ service.
OXYMORON like a professional Karaoke orchestra

Josh885

imported post

.30--06 wrote:
Thanks for the welcomes, warm or otherwise. :)

I've been lurking here for about two years now so I'm pretty well versed in the law, some members' encounters/experiences, legal actions, and even people's posting habits.

About me... Even though I don't OC (yet), I am a founding member of WI Carry. I don't live in the country, I live on a city block, in a school zone. :X If it wasn't for the school zone I'd probably have started to OC around the neighborhood - seems a lot of you get your feet wet that way.

Let me elaborate on the acceptance issue. I have a higher profile than the average Joe. (Business where my name is tied to it) If I were to walk into Target carrying and the police show up there's a very good probability it's going to make the local news in this small town. I could care less about the cops - but a loss of business is something I cannot afford.

I'd be willing to meet up at a local event and take my chances that I won't be the center of the media's attention. I think the press (if any) from something like that would be more positive, because the alternative is if I get "caught" carrying while shopping alone the media will paint me to be a nut.

I feel your pain about the school zones. I live in between two of them. My street is out of the zone but if I go a block or two any almost any direction I will end up in one. So carrying while on a walk is out of the question for me.

phred

imported post

I knew my post would illicit responses.

I see that some of you are tolerant of other's concerns and viewpoints, while some are not.

Ex.
YOU have to grow a pair .......
so, again..I ask the question..If your NOT going to OC , why post on this forum ? This forum is for OPEN CARRIERS ! not scared wanna bee Open carriers, that won't carry in public because they might have to deal with a police officer.

Each and everyone of you who openly carries had to start sometime and somewhere. Go back and remember those times and places and try to recall your apprehension. I remember mine.

Some people test the waters before they dive in. That shouldn't make them a coward or a pansy.

Gotta pick your battles, but most important is to keep yourself in good position (financially and otherwise) to continue the fight.

Nik has a good point. The last thing I want to have to do is battle with people who firmly believe in the RKBA and OCing just because my head may not be as hot as some other person's head.

I have learned a lot from this forum - about both issues and people.

I am the OP on this thread and it (the thread) has served its purpose. I have made some local contacts. I firmly believe we can win over more people and gain more members with patience and tolerance than we can with bullying and chest pounding. (see first quote above)

And again, I will continue to read and learn. And of course, Carry - as in continue to carry, not start to carry.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

CarryOK wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
I am also a Business Professional, I own a very small one man full time Wedding DJ service.
OXYMORON like a professional Karaoke orchestra
in the Green Bay area most Karaoke people don't make even close to my 45 K a year. As a single guy, that's more than enough to pay my bills, buy my own health insurance, add to my IRA , Advertise my business plus buy toys.... all that & I ONLY WORK 2 DAYS A WEEK !! :p Most have to work a full time job to make that.

I don't berate people based on what they do for a living, Kindly don't do it to me.

At least I openly & PUBLICLY support open carry, I put my money where my mouth is, I financially support it, I support it via the Media, I host OC gatherings....can all of us say these things ? Don't cut down the guy that helps make it happen.

to the guy that has been lurking for 2 years here that has all of 2 posts, has his name attached to a business but is so afraid to come out of the closet & be labeled a NUT JOB, sounds like you could very well afford to move away from your GFSZ, don't complain about things you can change....