• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Need Guidance

RogueWarrior

imported post

Hi there Guys and Girls

I need some guidance in writing a letter or such to the DPS in New Mexico about seeing how to get them to change there law about not issuing CCW's to non US citizens I'm a Permanent Resident does anyone know who and how I go about it

Thanks
John

Edited for clarification

Dreamer

imported post

When you say "non-citizens" do you mean people who are not citizens of the US, or people who are not residents of the state of NM?

Big difference...

RogueWarrior

imported post

Dreamer wrote:
When you say "non-citizens" do you mean people who are not citizens of the US, or people who are not residents of the state of NM?

Big difference...
Sorry I meant Non US Citizens I'm a permanent Resident IE green card Holder

sudden valley gunner

imported post

RogueAussie wrote:
Dreamer wrote:

Big difference...
Sorry I meant Non US Citizens I'm a permanent Resident IE green card Holder
PM Gray Peterson in the Washington forum, I believe he had a hand in helping get Washington's law on this same subject obolished. If not he can point you in the right direction.