• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Lance Tindol Invited To Interview With Alabama Open Carry

Dianosis

imported post

An invitation has been sent to Lance Tindol who is running against Dave Sutton in the upcoming elections in Coffee Co. The invitation is for a on or off camera interview with Alabama Open Carry, to get his thoughts on OC in Alabama and how he would handle OC should he be elected.

Coffee Co Sheriff Dave Sutton recently pulled a permit of an OC member who was reportedly having lunch. So it would be nice to see his opponents stance on the issue.

Should you like to share with him your thought or encourage him to do the interview he has a web site here with his contact info:

http://www.lancetindolforsheriff.com

FedFirefighter

imported post

Has anyone heard a word from Mr. Tindol? I have sent an e-mail, went by the police station where he worked and left my phone number for him, got his number and left a message with my number, and so far have had no reponse. I'm beginning to think he is avoiding the subject right before the election. We know the current Sheriffs feeling on the matter, but would really like to hear from the prospective new Sheriff.

cowboy67

imported post

I too emailed him back when this post started and have not heard anything back from him other than an auto response from his website.

cowboy67

imported post

I just submitted a new thread to his issues forum. It stated that the forum was moderated and could take a few minutes to many hours before the post was approved. It also said that I would get an email when it was approved.

FedFirefighter

imported post

Mr. Tindol just called me a couple hours ago and apologized for taking so long to get back with me, I said I understand that he has been very busy. We talked for about half an hour and he seems like a very likable, very down to earth fella. In a nutshell, he agreed that OC is perfectly legal, but police had to respond when called. We talked about how those interactions should go, and I totally agreed with his way of thinking. He also mentioned that it is LE's job to enforce laws that are chargable and not to interpret them the way they see fit. I said to him about our brothers recent Golden Corral issues with Coffee Co. and his permit, and he said that too was wrong especially since they didn't charge him with anything. We also discussed our efforts to contact law makers about change, and he agreed. He said someone in a higher position (like Sheriff) could help to make changes happen in Montgomery concerning the "gray area"and he would be willing to do so. He said he wanted to preserve the rights we have for his children. Anyway, it went pretty well, at first I thought he is just looking for a vote, but after talking awhile, I think he is really a straight forward guy, and I am gonna help be a part of him getting elected in Coffee Co.

cowboy67

imported post

Wow, that is awesome! If he wins, I hope he keeps his stance and does not decide to become the typical politician and do what interests him.

Mr Tindol, if you are reading this, good luck!

eye95

imported post

If Mr. Tindol has some literature highlighting that he favors OC and Sutton opposes the RKBA, I'll be happy to help distribute it.

cowboy67

imported post

I was out of town all last week and was not able to vote. Where can I find a list of who won etc?

Anyone know how Lance Tindol did?

Thanks!