Thread: Continue to shop at Meijer to continue the Awareness

Post imported post

I guess I have opposing experiences and views of Meijer. I have shopped their stores for many many years and enjoy getting what I want at good price, and I support a Michigan based company. There's a Wallyworld across the street, but I rarelly go in there. My preference.

I OC in local Meijers nearly everyother day sometimes, everyemployee is very nice to me and I have not had one single moment of contempt by anyone.

Maybe some store's employees represent themselves first before knowing the company policies. Maybe these places need to be contected to support our patronage.

I shop at Meijer and I hope that someone's attude doesn't start to change the minds of the execs and change policy in a detrimental manner. I want to continue to OC in my Meijer.

I know many others have had perfect experiences in Meijer and I commend the company as a whole, supporting my right to carry.

I was there today and no problem at all.

That's my 2cents.

Post imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
    I guess I have opposing experiences and views of Meijer. I have shopped their stores for many many years and enjoy getting what I want at good price, and I support a Michigan based company. There's a Wallyworld across the street, but I rarelly go in there. My preference.

I OC in local Meijers nearly everyother day sometimes, every employee is very nice to me and I have not had one single moment of contempt by anyone.

Maybe some store's employees represent themselves first before knowing the company policies. Maybe these places need to be contected to support our patronage.

I shop at Meijer and I hope that someone's attude doesn't start to change the minds of the execs and change policy in a detrimental manner. I want to continue to OC in my Meijer.

I know many others have had perfect experiences in Meijer and I commend the company as a whole, supporting my right to carry.

That's my 2cents.
    meijers has a policy to leave it up to the individual store manager,so its hit and miss on the good ones and bad ones for now.

perhaps they will eventually change to simply follow state law

....and maybe give automatic permission to those w/o a cpl to carry
    not a lawyer, dont take anything i say as legal advice.

Post imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
    Wglide90 wrote:

I OC in local Meijers nearly everyother day sometimes, every employee is very nice to me and I have not had one single moment of contempt by anyone.

That's my 2cents.
    meijers has a policy to leave it up to the individual store manager,so its hit and miss on the good ones and bad ones for now.

OK, I thought I had read here long ago that the company policy was to follow Mich law. If not my mistake. Anyway I still like my Meijer and they accept my payment everytime while OCing.

Anyway, I'm sure that local patrons of the Commerce store could approach the store management and start some dialog. Point out that most have open arms to OCrs.

If the corp is put in a positive light here, the corporation may catch on and make a good policy.

Post imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:

OK, I thought I had read here long ago that the company policy was to follow Mich law. If not my mistake. Anyway I still like my Meijer and they accept my payment everytime while OCing.

Anyway, I'm sure that local patrons of the Commerce store could approach the store management and start some dialog. Point out that most have open arms to OCrs.

If the corp is put in a positive light here, the corporation may catch on and make a good policy.

+1

"Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

Wglide90 wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    Wglide90 wrote:

That's my 2cents.

it's not just the commerce store. it's been several. specifically, i had an incident in marysville. they stone-walled me at every turn. i first went in to talk to the store director and was given a store manager instead. i left a tri-fold and business card and requested a call from the store director. this was almost a year ago. still no call. i have sent e-mails through the meijer website and the only reply i've received was that my question would be forwarded to the department who handles such concerns. again, no reply. i've sent email's that haven't even been responded to. i called corporate directly and was put on hold. when the lady/secretary/whoever came back on, i was told that corporate policy was to allow each store to decide for itself.
    ETA: i too, like meijer, they sell good stuff at good prices. in fact i have to pass 2 meijers just to get to a walmart. it would be much more convenient for me to be able to shop at a meijer.
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/

Post imported post

smellslikemichigan wrote:
    Wglide90 wrote:
    lil_freak_66 wrote:
    Wglide90 wrote:

That's my 2cents.

it's not just the commerce store. it's been several. specifically, i had an incident in marysville. they stone-walled me at every turn. i first went in to talk to the store director and was given a store manager instead. i left a tri-fold and business card and requested a call from the store director. this was almost a year ago. still no call. i have sent e-mails through the meijer website and the only reply i've received was that my question would be forwarded to the department who handles such concerns. again, no reply. i've sent email's that haven't even been responded to. i called corporate directly and was put on hold. when the lady/secretary/whoever came back on, i was told that corporate policy was to allow each store to decide for itself.
    ETA: i too, like meijer, they sell good stuff at good prices. in fact i have to pass 2 meijers just to get to a walmart. it would be much more convenient for me to be able to shop at a meijer.
    I personally have OC'd at Meijer stores more times than people have been given the boot, plus the countless times others have OC'd at Meijer stores without any issues, so we are looking at a 100 to 1 ratio? I know it would be a million times better if they just made a policy to fallow federal, state, and local law, than a few being kicked out at a store or two. Just an FYI I have emailed Meijer myself, I don't know if I will get a response or any changes but its worth a shot. We shall see. Anywho, God Bless all, and Carry-On ALL!
    "Bam, I like saying bam when I cite something, in fact I think I shall do this from here on out, as long as I remember.
    Bam!" - eastmeyers

"Then said he to them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his sack: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one."
    Luke 22:36
    God Bless

Post imported post

I, too, have only had (+) experiences when OCing at Meijers. I regularly shop at 2 Meijers stores and sometimes a 3rd, and to date, haven't had a single problem. For that, I'm appreciative. I thought it was Meijer corp policy to align with state laws regarding carry, also, and just a few days ago found that it's left to the individual store's manager(s). I found that troubling, even tho I personally haven't had an issue. Now I have to be concerned with the possibility of having an issue, and sympathize with those who already have.

Knowing that at any time, I could be asked to leave the store because I'm OCing, it's a little harder to keep shopping there. I, too, would like the corp to make a solid "yay or nay" on carrying in their stores. I don't want to be there for an hour and a half or more, filling my cart, only to abandon it because some manager has mixed feelings or misconceptions or even different politics than I about firearms. The manager could kick you out simply due to an inferiority complex! That's just not right in my book. Make a ruling, yay or nay, so I/we at least know for certain.
    No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

No one has ever walked away from a gunfight complaining that he brought too much ammo.

Post imported post

sorry, having tech issues here

Post imported post

FWIW here in NW Indiana (and all over Indiana) I've carried openly and never had a problem. Once a week ever week for 4 years into the same Meijer, never a problem and at least 100 other times in a dozen+ Meijers around the state and never an issue either. I'm not the only one who does either. Never heard of a negative experience with a store employee in a Indiana Meijer.

Post imported post

I enjoy shopping at Meijer often and have never had any kind of issues.

( I have had no issues at any stores I have shopped at :celebrate )

Campaign Veteran smellslikemichigan's Avatar

Post imported post

bump
    "If it ain't loaded and cocked it don't shoot." - Rooster Cogburn
    http://www.graystatemovie.com/