• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

State Park OC

Sundiver

imported post

Okay, I read the laws and didn't see anything forbidding it. I seem to recall reading here that it was legal but I want to double-check that it is indeed okay to open carry in a Kentucky State Park? Plan on spending a few days down at Cumberland Falls.

neuroblades

imported post

I made a visit to the Breaks Interstate Park, I was OC'ing at the time and never really gave it a second thought until I had to get a map of the park. About 3/4 the way through my visit, I noticed on the back of the map, it had listed, "No Firearms".

I had no encounters at all and no one said anything to anyone. I was around many adults and many kids as well.

langzaiguy

imported post

It is completely legal to carry at state parks. There is an unconstitutional ban on weapons in nature preserves, however.

CraigC178

imported post

I camped at Gen. Burnside this weekend and didn't have any issues. There were only 4 other groups in the campground and 90% of the people that I saw were park employees. They didn't say a word or give me any looks.