• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Something worthwhile...

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

Can we amend the Ca. constitution to better reflect our 2A? If so How? If not, Why? Also, How can we go about repealing the lock box in the car Law? It would be safer to leave our gun in its holster... Any info? Lets talk about this... Stir it up.

Thanks
Sincerely,

:cool: Joe Cool.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

F R E E S O U L .CA wrote:
Can we amend it to better reflect 2A? If so How? If not, Why? Any info? Lets talk about this...

Thanks,

:cool: Joe Cool.

Why not?

Two words; Anti-gun legislature

If you can carve out a pro-gun majority in the State Senate and Assembly, it would probably an agenda item. Alas, the Capital is filled with oathbreakers, traitors, liars and scofflaws.

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Wait....you actually understood that textual bowel movement?

Edit: I rescind my statement, it appears hes having some editing difficulties.
Still, thats a pretty vague and generalist question.

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote:

Ok so its general, but if we did it, then, it would be a step in the right direction...If we can, then why not? and if we cant, then, what's the point in all this finger exercise we are doing on this forum...?

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Ok so its general, but if we did it, then, it would be a step in the right direction...If we can, then why not? and if we cant, then, what's the point in all this finger exercise we are doing on this forum...?

Can we amend the Ca. constitution to better reflect our 1A? If so How? If not, Why? Also, How can we go about repealing the restrictions on free speech on college campuses and protest in malls? It would be better for us so we can communicate better... Any info? Lets talk about this... Stir it up.

I know its a clumsy parallel, but I've been fasting, and I'm cranky. I don't see what the purpose or value of your question is?
If its not easy, why bother doing it? Is that what you're trying to convey here?

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

Can we amend the Ca. constitution to better reflect our 1A? If so How? If not, Why? Also, How can we go about repealing the restrictions on free speech on college campuses and protest in malls? It would be better for us so we can communicate better... Any info? Lets talk about this... Stir it up.

I know its a clumsy parallel, but I've been fasting, and I'm cranky. I don't see what the purpose or value of your question is?
If its not easy, why bother doing it? Is that what you're trying to convey here?
Hey I understand what your saying but, this isn't the free speech forum and if you really feel that helpless then, you might shoot yourself now, because, that's pretty pathetic. And I don't care weather you eat or not, it doesn't concern me, its not my business. My goal is to foster positive insight on the issue, not wake the "I can't people". The I can't people have stood by and watched as we were left in this position.. There is a way and I want us to figure it out if we can. :cool:Joe

heliopolissolutions

imported post

Apparently you skipped the reading comprehension portions of your "law school", because you obviously do not understand.

Frankly I think you are either an idiot or a troll.
God help me I hope its the latter.

ConditionThree

State Pioneer
imported post

ARTICLE 18 AMENDING AND REVISING THE CONSTITUTION

SEC. 1. The Legislature by rollcall vote entered in the journal,
two-thirds of the membership of each house concurring, may propose an
amendment or revision of the Constitution and in the same manner may
amend or withdraw its proposal. Each amendment shall be so prepared
and submitted that it can be voted on separately.

Let's do some math. The above quoted article and section of the California Constitution allows amendment and revision of the constitution if 2/3 of each house agree to make the change.

There are 40 senate districts and 80 assembly districts. We would need 27 senators and 54 assembly members to advance a state level second amendment into our constitution.

Currently there are 25 Democrats, 13 Republicans and 2 vacancies in the state senate. There are 49 Democrats, 29 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 vacancy in the state assembly.

Assuming all Republicans and Independentsvote pro-gun and all Dems vote anti-gun we would need 14 Dem senators and 25 Dem assemblymen to vote against the party line to push a state 2nd amendment.

Since we are awaiting the revealation ofthe ruling on whether the 2nd is an individual right and how it applies to the States, I think it would be a better use of our time to wait right now, instead of invest our effort in trying to compel an anti-gun majority to do something thatSCOTUS will force them to recognize in a few short weeks anyway. (We hope.)

Our 'voice' right now is 5 out of the 9 members of the Supreme Court.

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

Apparently you skipped the reading comprehension portions of your "law school", because you obviously do not understand.

Well, Thanks for helping to be constructive. Now I know why we are fighting to take our rights Back.

By the way, what makes you think I went to law school? Never been. Just an average guy trying to do something positive with my life.

:cool:Joe Cool

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

ConditionThree wrote:
ARTICLE 18 AMENDING AND REVISING THE CONSTITUTION

SEC. 1. The Legislature by rollcall vote entered in the journal,
two-thirds of the membership of each house concurring, may propose an
amendment or revision of the Constitution and in the same manner may
amend or withdraw its proposal. Each amendment shall be so prepared
and submitted that it can be voted on separately.

Let's do some math. The above quoted article and section of the California Constitution allows amendment and revision of the constitution if 2/3 of each house agree to make the change.

There are 40 senate districts and 80 assembly districts. We would need 27 senators and 54 assembly members to advance a state level second amendment into our constitution.

Currently there are 25 Democrats, 13 Republicans and 2 vacancies in the state senate. There are 49 Democrats, 29 Republicans, 1 Independent, and 1 vacancy in the state assembly.

Assuming all Republicans and Independentsvote pro-gun and all Dems vote anti-gun we would need 14 Dem senators and 25 Dem assemblymen to vote against the party line to push a state 2nd amendment.

Since we are awaiting the revealation ofthe ruling on whether the 2nd is an individual right and how it applies to the States, I think it would be a better use of our time to wait right now, instead of invest our effort in trying to compel an anti-gun majority to do something thatSCOTUS will force them to recognize in a few short weeks anyway. (We hope.)

Our 'voice' right now is 5 out of the 9 members of the Supreme Court.
Thank you. This is constructive. Any ideas for small steps to move at the state level anyways...? By the looks of this site it seems to me that there are plenty of people with time on their hands and a legitimate concern for their rights. :cool: Joe

F R E E S O U L .CA

imported post

heliopolissolutions wrote
Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)

22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

Also, you might want to re-fast tomorrow because you aren't supposed to tell anyone. That's the whole point.:banghead:

Here, let me help you out brother... [size="-1"])

"When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full." [/size][size="-1"](Matt. 6:16)

I hope you feel better man. Fasting is tough.
:cool:Joe Cool
[/size]

demnogis

imported post

Ballot initiative to amend the CA constitution to include something along the lines of...

"The rights of individuals to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed".

coolusername2007

imported post

Wait and see on McDonald ruling. If 2A is incorporated, done. If 2A is not incorporated then move as fast as you can because this state's legislature will take your guns. Consider moving back only after 2A ballot initiative passes, is fought in court and wins.

CA_Libertarian

State Researcher
imported post

demnogis wrote:
Ballot initiative to amend the CA constitution...
Might be a bad idea. Ballot initiatives take a LOT of money to pass. Just look at how much was poured into both sides of the Prop 8 issue.

Also, I understand that if an issue is put on the ballot and FAILS to pass, it can't be done again for a period of time (5 years, I think).

(The above according to my wife who is active in ferret decriminalization in CA. However, unlike the ferret lobby, the I think the pro-gun-rights lobby has their opponents... ahem... "out-gunned" when it comes to funding.)

demnogis

imported post

True, CA_Libertarian, we would need tons of money. Not only that but the CRPA, GOA, NRA, CGF, and all other splinter pro-2A orgs to pitch in. The biggest problem with that is they will all want to tack on their causes. It would require massive volunteers, presence at gun shows, petition signings, advertised air time... the list goes on. I'm not saying its impossiblee by any means. If the major players backed it, we most certainly would get results. Another point... with all of these cases in the 9th circuit we may very well get a limited, but constitutional, RKBA which opens the door to litigation. If a ballot initiative failed, we still have the courts as a staging ground.

CA_Libertarian wrote:
demnogis wrote:
Ballot initiative to amend the CA constitution...
Might be a bad idea. Ballot initiatives take a LOT of money to pass. Just look at how much was poured into both sides of the Prop 8 issue.

Also, I understand that if an issue is put on the ballot and FAILS to pass, it can't be done again for a period of time (5 years, I think).

(The above according to my wife who is active in ferret decriminalization in CA. However, unlike the ferret lobby, the I think the pro-gun-rights lobby has their opponents... ahem... "out-gunned" when it comes to funding.)