• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

got a new pistol

hypershorty

imported post

I am a 18 year old female and i just got this springfield xd .40 s&want to start open carrying.I think I got a hang of the laws but i am nervous i am going to get stop by police because i look likeI am12 and have a .40 my hip.I have been pulled over becauseI look too young.I want to see if this happens a lot. does anyone have anything like this happen to them. I also want to get stories from females and see if they get a hard time with open carrying:D

please and thank you :celebrate

Beerme

Banned
imported post

you look 12? lol
When I shave I def look younger but when I have my beard trimmed i look 26-27( or so im told)
Ive oc'd every time I walk my dog around, with and without beard never been hassled about it.
If a cop came up to you and stopped you he would most likely ask for your ID which you do not need to provide
If he asks you if you are 18 simply answer yes.

In my opinion if the cop is level headed and polite I would have no problem handing over my ID, they are after all, just doing their jobs.

If it was a terry stop I would refuse to hand my ID over.

I would suggest to get a lil more comfortable with OCing by walking with other OCers or doing something that helps distract from it, when I first started I just walked my dog around the park and downtown clarkston, I think the cute puppy helps people think that I am just a person walking my dog instead of a MWAG, I walked with another person on here once and that DEFINITELY helped.

Once you get a lil more comfortable you will feel more at home.
There is a picnic right by you on the 15th of may in warren, I would go to that if you could.
I am also setting one up on the 6th of june in rochester hills and by all means you are more than welcome to attend, the picnics helped me feel less nervous

Good Luck

Kris

hypershorty

imported post

I would love to come on the 15th but cant make it. but that you for the invite and I would love to try to come to the one on the 6th. I thought about going on a walk with my puppy and open carrying but my puppy isnt that cute. I have a trainning collar that looks like a mussle but is not. I did not put this on my puppy she would be hard to walk.

thank you for the reply!:D

stainless1911

Banned
imported post

Welcome Shorty:D I carry an XD .40 as well. Hope to see you around sometime.

The best things I can suggest, is to carry a digital voice recorder, and dont say any more than necessary to a LEO. (see the thread Wash Rinse Repeat).

Since you dont have a CPL, you want to be aware of 750.234d. Notice the word "premises". Lots of people miss this, and it simply means you cant be anywhere on the property, not just in the buildings listed in the law.

http://www.legislature.mi.gov/(S(32w3aq55j0hdw2bqrn1wa0mq))/mileg.aspx?page=getObject&objectName=mcl-750-234d

malignity

imported post

Beerme wrote:
malignity wrote:
Pictures or it didn't happen. ;)
OMG
A GIRL ON THE INTERNET!!!!!!!!!
~BIG BOLD LETTERS CHECK
~Demand Pictures CHECK

well played sir

Give me a break dude. I'm getting married in 26 days. For @#$%s sake people need to relax on this god damned site.

I don't know about you, but I don't often see females even daring to OC. If anyone's going to leave the site for that, seriously, then you all need a Xanax.

It's the internets people, it ain't serious.

Oh and Beerme...

Big bold letters. CHECK.

And a finger to go with it.

lil_freak_66

imported post

18,F and OC?

sweet.

love seeing people my age getting into it.

umm...if you wanna get comfortable w/ OC feel free to come out to an event,theres a few younger people around!

and i know a few females that carry,not all of them being members on here,they could help you get more comfortable with it possibly

malignity

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
18,F and OC?

sweet.

(it took me 5 mins to come up with something to say)

umm...if you wanna get comfortable w/ OC feel free to come out to an event,theres a few younger people around!

and i know a few females that carry,not all of them being members on here,they could help you get more comfortable with it possibly

Careful now, don't dare ask for pictures. I thought it was an impossibility too.

lil_freak_66

imported post

malignity wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
18,F and OC?

sweet.

(it took me 5 mins to come up with something to say)

Careful now, don't dare ask for pictures. I thought it was an impossibility too.
i wont....i promise....;) unless its of the gun.

but erm...if ya want,im sure we could scrounge some people up for an OC event to help ya get more comfy with it

malignity

imported post

Bronson wrote:
malignity wrote:
Big bold letters. CHECK.

You could always just apologize...that works too.

Bronson

The finger was to Beerme.

And no, I will not apologize for him being a prick to my playful and joking nature.

I'll even edit it, so there's no confusion. *Takes a bow*

Jesus Christ, people. You're all so ******* serious.

hypershorty

imported post

Bronson wrote:
malignity wrote:
Big bold letters. CHECK.

You could always just apologize...that works too.

Bronson
Thank you. All i wanted was some adivce on OC I joined this site in 09 but have not been on much. I have never OC because for one I didnt own a pistol and two I do not feel like being being stopped by the police without someone who has opened carried. My boyfriend who OCs cant go on walks because of his back. So I thought maybe someone can give me an idea to make it less weird for me to go on a walk OC on my own