• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

got a new pistol

lil_freak_66

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
hypershorty wrote:
they both said they would find away to arrest the person.

And we will find away to sue them, and put them out of a job.
and whomever does sue...wont have to work!

LEO's can try and arrest you however hard they want,but as long as you dont break the law,they cant,at least not legally...and if any arrest is not made legally then you have a lawsuit you can pursue.

eastmeyers

imported post

hypershorty wrote:
Thank you everyone it has helped a lot. I hope to come to an event sometime. :celebrate

I know that looking young is not a bad thing but at the same time I do not want to deal with some police officers. I deal with officers on a regular basis on good terms and ask them what they thought of OC and they both said they would find away to arrest the person. This is why I am so nervous about OCing.

Thank you again everyone.:)

I have tried to get these officers to explain how they would go about making a lawful arrest of someone OC'n and everytime they try and come up with something I point out the errors of their ways. They are just like the normal beat cops that know its legal but tell people it isn't just so they don't. If I want law advice I ask lawyers!

God Bless, love you hypershorty

lil_freak_66

imported post

much better.

cowgirl-6.jpg

hopnpop

imported post

Some good points here. Wish she were in a more OC-friendly location. Hearing phrases like "find any way possible to arrest for OC" straight from the horses (asses)mouths is troubling. Fact remains that it's easy to learn the laws you need to know to OC, and as long as you abide by those laws, you'll be fine. At worst, you might be briefly detained. I have to say, tho, that it warms my heart knowing that there are folks so young with such a desire to excercise their rights, especially when faced with dealing with officers who are very anti-OC. Hats off to you.

I've been OCing for a while now and still often have to adjust the gun on my hip. It's normally just a slight hoist, but you have to be sure not to grab it by the grip to adjust it. That would probably really freak some people out. Myself, I adjust mine from the muzzle. Just a miniscule pointer.

As for becoming more comfortable OCing, it only comes with experience. From my experience and the experiences of many others here, it's best to take graduated steps into the OC world. I started by OCing just into my two local gas stations. Then to an OC picnic. Then the gas stations and Meijers. Then gas stations, Meijers, and Subway. Then.... you get the drift. It wasn't long before I felt pretty comfortable OCing everywhere. I've been lucky, tho, and haven't had a real negative encounter.

Another thing that I found comforting when still new at OC was taking notes! Seriously, when I planned on OCing into a place where I thought I'd be likely to have an encounter, I kept a tri-fold (or 2) in my pocket, readily available. Also, having a CPL, I've Oc'd into a couple of supposed "pistol-free zones". In places like that, where I thought an encounter would be highly probable, I printed out or wrote down relevent laws/AG opinions and kept them on me. I thought it would help cover my ass and at least bring to a LEOs attention that 1) my activities were legal, and 2) I know the law(s) or at least know how to look them up. The thought of a person knowing the law(s) perhaps better than himself tends to make a LEO think twice about his actions and behavior and take a look into whether he's acting legally.

Start small and take progressive steps. Good luck and carry on.

Haman J.T.

imported post

I got stopped when a lady said I looked like I was 40.Being twelve years older made me feel so much better about looking younger,but you definately need to know your rights,laws and to be as civil as you can,if they bother you at all. Fear Not! And enjoy your freedoms! God Bless You Shorty!

eastmeyers

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
+1 hopnop

and eastmeyers,i got the pic from her when she met me in my truck behind total firearms!lol.

Ha ha LOL. But if your trying to get a roust I would be more worried about hypershorty, she is one of the few people I know that can shoot better than me (sometimes)...

:lol::p:D:)

JK

Wish you were coming to Warren on sat, I would like to meet you, maybe I'll meet up with ABWAG.

God Bless

PS have you gotten a carry peice yet?

American Boy With a Gun

imported post

eastmeyers wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
+1 hopnop

and eastmeyers,i got the pic from her when she met me in my truck behind total firearms!lol.

Ha ha LOL. But if your trying to get a roust I would be more worried about hypershorty, she is one of the few people I know that can shoot better than me (sometimes)...

JK

Wish you were coming to Warren on sat, I would like to meet you, maybe I'll meet up with ABWAG.

God Bless

Well Recoil88 and I should be there...itll be nice to meet faces instead of display names

eastmeyers

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
eastmeyers wrote:
lil_freak_66 wrote:
+1 hopnop

JK

God Bless

Well Recoil88 and I should be there...itll be nice to meet faces instead of display names

Need a ride? PM me if so. To bad you don't have a CPL, I would loan you a pistol for the event.

God Bless

eastmeyers

imported post

American Boy With a Gun wrote:
got a ride, thanks a million tho, and yea, im going to the SoS tomorrow to get my state ID, well....ill get it in a week but yea, then i get the permit, then the gun :)

A week? It usally takes a month, at least thats how long it takes to get a DL.

God Bless