• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

What would you do if this happened to YOU?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The cops get to do what they do, because people are scared of them......During a disaster...we can't afford to be scared of the cops , Military or the Bad guys....Everyone has to band together for our own survival. Otherwise individually we get victimized by the cops, mil & the criminals.

MK

imported post

That is an awesome picture.

It would be even more awesome if they had some black neighbors standing shoulder to shoulder with them as well. I would really love to see that messege sent.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

MK wrote:

It would be even more awesome if they had some black neighbors standing shoulder to shoulder with them as well. I would really love to see that messege sent.
Looks like the guy with the revolver to the left of the sign isn't caucasion. I too would love to see more cross diversity in citizens standing up for their rights.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Do they have body armor? Because that's one thing the police and military will have, for sure.
Most Body Armor that the police use, Level 3A - will stop Hand gun rounds only, not good for Rifle rounds. 30-30 , 30.06, 5.56, 308 WILL GO RIGHT THROUGH. To stop rifle rounds you need Level 4 stand alone Sapi Plates, etc. The Multi hit ceramic plates are even more expensive & heavy. & body armor don't stop head shots:D so as long as your a crack shot they WILL go down.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

sudden valley gunner wrote:
MK wrote:

Looks like the guy with the revolver to the left of the sign isn't caucasion. I too would love to see more cross diversity in citizens standing up for their rights.
I would think the reason you only see white people in this picture is because no black people live in this Hood. Those look like pretty nice homes in the back ground, how many people own a 4 thousand dollar golf cart ? it looks like a middle class white area.

Hunterdave

imported post

Glock34 wrote:
MK wrote:

I would think the reason you only see white people in this picture is because no black people live in this Hood. Those look like pretty nice homes in the back ground, how many people own a 4 thousand dollar golf cart ? it looks like a middle class white area.
Just a middle class ,coonass neighborhood.
Coonass, that's a minority ain't it?:lol:

bomber

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
SNIP: they each have a right to refuse an order if it violates the law or the constitution
Just a note - they have a duty to refuse an unlawful order, not merely the right if it suits them.
we can see how well they followed thier "duty". relying on young men -who have been harshly trained to follow orders - to think about something as abstract as the constitution is a bad strategy. you must be prepared to either do as they say, or fight it out. you cannot hope that they will do the right thing and refuse the order. they are not programmed to think for themselves.

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

Hunterdave wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
MK wrote:

It would be even more awesome if they had some black neighbors standing shoulder to shoulder with them as well.   I would really love to see that messege sent.
I would think the reason you only see white people in this picture is because no black people live in this Hood.  Those look like pretty nice homes in the back ground, how many people own a 4 thousand dollar golf cart ?  it looks like a middle class white area.
Depends on what part of Louisiana you're in. haha

okboomer

imported post

Yep, singly you can go down and no one will notice. Together, we the people have the power.

I am glad my state passed the law that makes it mandatory for all state, county and local agencies to protect a citizen's right to keep and bear arms during an emergency whether it be federally declared martial law or a simple local disaster.

Hunterdave

imported post

Nikki_Black wrote:
Hunterdave wrote:
Glock34 wrote:
MK wrote:

Depends on what part of Louisiana you're in. haha
Touche':lol:

CommonMan101

imported post

Jim675 wrote:
Aaron1124 wrote:
SNIP: they each have a right to refuse an order if it violates the law or the constitution
Just a note - they have a duty to refuse an unlawful order, not merely the right if it suits them.

Would LOVE to see Constitutional classes being taught to ALL state forces that help define exactly WHAT an unlawful order is so they can keep their oaths faithfully.

The oath says: "All enemies foreign and domestic" I would also like to see examples of just what a domestic enemy is so an oathkeeper is clear on keeping his/her oath.

I have never seen any examples of such domestic enemies. It's so vague it's almost useless.

The very real risk of being wrong and spending your life in prison or being shot keeps oathkeepers from upholding their sworn oaths and end upjust "following orders"- JMO.

bomber

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
The very real risk of being wrong and spending your life in prison or being shot keeps oathkeepers from upholding their sworn oaths and end up just "following orders" - JMO.
[/quote]

well then what good is their oath if they aren't willing to risk anything? even if they were within the law to disobey an unlawful order, they will still face retribution. laws matter very little to those in power.

this is why i put no faith in "oathkeepers" or any other person sword to uphold the law. they just have too much to lose by standing up for their "convictions"

Nikki_Black

Saint Francisville, Louisiana, United States
imported post

bomber wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
The very real risk of being wrong and spending your life in prison or being shot keeps oathkeepers from upholding their sworn oaths and end up just "following orders" - JMO.

well then what good is their oath if they aren't willing to risk anything? even if they were within the law to disobey an unlawful order, they will still face retribution. laws matter very little to those in power.

this is why i put no faith in "oathkeepers" or any other person sword to uphold the law. they just have too much to lose by standing up for their "convictions"[/quote]

Bomber, you seem familiar. Are you a member of HPFF?

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bomber wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
The very real risk of being wrong and spending your life in prison or being shot keeps oathkeepers from upholding their sworn oaths and end upjust "following orders"- JMO.

this is why i put no faith in "oathkeepers" or any other person sword to uphold the law. they just have too much to lose by standing up for their "convictions"

And we all lost from the git go, for giving them the authority over us. we traded away freedom for security , when the police & LE was first created 200 plus years ago. & NO ONE has been free since.

okboomer

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
Although, simple, local disasters aren't usually that simple! :celebrate
Tornado comes, trailer park is wiped out, 30 minutes laterfolks start cleaning up ... ice storm comes, knocks out power for week or better, trees down, folks out next morning with chain saws and power cords from generator to other's houses.

We average at least one of those disasters every 3-4 years. Got go-bags ready with leather gloves, hard hat, 5 gallon cans of gasoline, ice chest for food, cooler for drinks. Tow-ropes and cotton tie-down rope in the garage in a tub. And we never go unarmed. Haven't ever been questioned by LEO when I accidentally flash (CC state) other than curiosity about what I am carrying and how I like it :lol: