• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Texas State Rep District 130 Allen Fletcher

Blinn79

imported post

I wrote to Texas State Rep, Allen Fletcher, of district 130 (Cy-Fair, Klein, Tomball and Waller) and asked him to support open carry, and his stance on it. He replied with the following letter:

I appreciate you taking the time to contact my officer regarding your support for Open Carry. I am a strong advocate of the second amendment and have coauthored two pro-second amedment bills, House Bill 1301 (allows employees to transport and store lawfully-owned firearms in their motor vehicles while parked at work), and House Bill 1893 (allows CHL holders to carry on the premises of post-secondary educational institutions in Texas). Individuals with lawfully owned firearms should not be denied the right to protect themselves. As this legislation goes through the legislative process, I will be sure to keep your thoughts in mind. Once again, thank you for contacting me, and if you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call my office at (512) 463-0661.

Sincerely,
Alan Fletcher

Blinn79

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
Looks like a lame answer to me. Maybe it's just me. :(
I pretty much felt the same way. Like he was trying to point out other areas he does support, in order to take attention away from the fact that he did not answer how he feels, or if he even supports, OPEN CARRY.

Typical answer from a politician.

usaf0906

imported post

Blinn79 wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
Looks like a lame answer to me. Maybe it's just me. :(
I pretty much felt the same way. Like he was trying to point out other areas he does support, in order to take attention away from the fact that he did not answer how he feels, or if he even supports, OPEN CARRY.

Typical answer from a politician.

I would press him for a specific answer to the open carry question.

It would seem he is trying to play the middle of the road, support general slef-defense while avoiding the backlash that might come from picking a side.

cloudcroft

Campaign Veteran
El Paso, TX (formerly Colorado Springs, CO)
imported post

Yeah, sounds like he wants someone ELSE to step up and lead the fray (and take any flak)...just like "I refuse to lead" Governor Perry. So they'll votefor/sign something if it gets to them, but won't start/help the process so it DOES get to them.

A pretty safe and typically timid/sheepish position to take politically: They don't have to vote for/sign anything if it never gets to their desks. And not taking action to get the process going ensures that it never will.

-- John D.