• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

California GOP Governor and US Senate Candidates Debate Gun Rights: May 2010

bigtoe416

Anti-Saldana Freedom Fighter
imported post

Thanks for posting this. Kinda confusing at the end how the moderator refers to the open carry legislation as being about concealed carry and then Meg Whitman says she agrees on the gun law and doesn't further elaborate. I'll just assume she's an anti.

PincheOgro1

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
"Uh, I agree on the gun law...issues. I don't think we need to spend much time on that." -- Meg Whitman

Uh, yeah I think you're right. Next.
A great NON-answer. To me it sounds like she "doesn't want to go there". POIZNER has my vote. I made up my mind a couple weeks ago.

mjones

imported post

PincheOgro1 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:
"Uh, I agree on the gun law...issues. I don't think we need to spend much time on that." -- Meg Whitman

A great NON-answer. To me it sounds like she "doesn't want to go there". POIZNER has my vote. I made up my mind a couple weeks ago.
FYI Poizner doesn't want to go there either...

PincheOgro1

imported post

mjones wrote:
PincheOgro1 wrote:
coolusername2007 wrote:

FYI Poizner doesn't want to go there either...
well let me put it this way then. I LIKED "HIS" answer more. He's got my vote !!!

coolusername2007

imported post

Whitman is a definite anti...no way I'll ever vote for her. Poizner, to me, seems like he'll be another RINO. I am leaning towards Nightingale. But I saw a commercial the other day where McClintock is supporting Poizner, that got my attention. So still on the fence somewhat.

PincheOgro1

imported post

coolusername2007 wrote:
Whitman is a definite anti...no way I'll ever vote for her. Poizner, to me, seems like he'll be another RINO. I am leaning towards Nightingale. But I saw a commercial the other day where McClintock is supporting Poizner, that got my attention. So still on the fence somewhat.

Cool,

I saw that McClintok supports Poizner also. That solidified my vote. I saw the debate between Poizner and whitman. Poizner sounded like McClintok. SOME ONE who KNOWS what has to be done. I only hope I am in the majority when the vote is counted.

Iopencarry

imported post

I posted the letter below both on Meg's and Steve's sites. I have not rec a reply from either. One of Megs followers has posted the same thing as was said in the debate.

This was asked on April 26th on your 'for Governor" page, and yet again on the May 11th on this page, and you have yet NOT answered.

What are your beliefs on gun control, unloaded open carry of a firearm, concealed carry of a firearm, and the 2,4,5, and 14th adminments to the Bill of Rights? Will you stand up and suppor...t the United States Constitution.

The answer ARE NOT on your .com page, or is it answered in your MegsPlan.

ARE YOU or ARE YOU NOT going to answer the question?

We need your paln of action, not a blanket statement that does not mean a thing. WHAT do you Believe? What will you Do?

desertfox

imported post

At this point I am in favor of supporting Steve Poizner - at least he's not afraid to discuss 2nd Amendment rights. I do wish he would clarify his position on Open Carry or CCW's though.

Steve Poizner (from his web site):

Second Amendment Rights: Steve Poizner Supports An Individual’s Second Amendment Right To Keep And Bear Arms. Steve is a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and opposes any attempts to chip away at the right that every Californian has to keep and bear arms. Steve believes that the Founders of the Constitution were crystal clear when establishing that people have the right to own guns for both recreational and defensive purposes. Steve opposes any new gun laws and will closely examine existing gun laws. He also opposes California’s recently passed ammunition registration law (AB 962), and will seek its repeal as governor.

Steve has also issued a statement regarding the pivotal gun rights case of McDonald v. City of Chicago, saying a proper decision in McDonald would clarify and strengthen the Second Amendment’s application to the states. Such a decision would be a victory for liberty and a powerful reaffirmation of the United States Constitution.

Meg Whitman (from her web site):

[align=left]Oppose Any New Gun Control Laws
Meg supports the Second Amendment rights of lawabiding citizens, but she believes the right to bear arms can and should be balanced with responsible gun control laws. At this time, Meg believes that California does not need additional gun control measures.[/align]

Palecon

imported post

I really cant stand wienie answers. Gun Control Yes I support it when it means using two hands.

Do not support any laws that infringe...

Meg is speaks from both ends, meaning you didnt learn anything from her answer.

Remember this is primary not general election. Guess I will go with Poizner in primary

-p

merle

imported post

CA_fr_KS wrote:
Wasn't Meg Whitman the CEO of eBay at a time when you can't sell firearms and ammos on eBay?
Yes, same thing with a 25% stake in Craigslist which has the same policy.

Palecon

imported post

Last night at the RPLAC meeting I heard a very dynamic speaker Named Ken Miller

Ken Miller is running for governor and has most if not all the right programs / platform

I witnessed him sign a petition that was there regards to opposing AB-1934

I have changed form poizner to miller. Hope all will look him up and go with him in primary as well.

Ken Miller...p