• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Email-Letter Templates

Dreamer

imported post

NEVER talk to the police, unless you have to. And ESPECIALLY don't ask police for "interpretations" of the law. Cops are not lawyers. It is not their job to "interpret" the law. They are neither trained or authorized to render legal advice. That is what the Attorney General, the Department of Justice, Judges, and private attorneys are for. If cops want to "interpret" the law as part of their job, they can do what any other citizen has to do in order to do that job--go to law school and pass the bar. The job of police is to ENFORCE the law, not interpret it...

There is no need to "ask permission" from a local LEA for OC. Open Cary is legal in NC (with a few, tiny glaring exceptions, like Cary). Period. End of discussion.

The "feelings" of local LEA's regarding OC are inconsequential. NC case law clearly states that OC is legal and lawful. Case law also clearly defines what does and does not constitute "GAttTotP". OC in a holster is NOT illegal or unawful, and it DOES NOT constitute--in and of itself--GAttTotP.

If you are harassed by LEO's for OC, a call to the state AG's office, or GRNC will usually get it cleared up.

If not, then there is always a Federal Civil Rights Violation lawsuit. And those don't cost you anything because they are brought by the Federal Government. If your local LEA is foolish enough to tangle with the FBI and the US DOJ regarding a Federal civil rights violation then I would suggest that your OC rights are the LEAST of your worries...