• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

NO backlog or delays in the State Police Fingerprint unit.

Edward Peruta

imported post

This morning, I was informed by Trooper Thomas Hatfield Esq. that the State Police Bureau of Identifcation DOES NOT have a backlog of fingerprints for Pistol Permits.

Trooper Hatfield told me that SPBI processess approximately 350 fingerpints per week, and if there is any backlog priority is given to those prints which may involve work around children. (I can agree with this)

Trooper Hatfield says that he will send written confirmation of what I was told.

Hatfield told me that as of Friday last week, there was NO backlog of fingerprints waiting to be processed for State and National Criminal History Records Checks.

THIS INFORMATION SHOULD PREVENT ANY LOCAL ISSUING AUTHORITY FROM USING A BACKLOG AS AN EXCUSE FOR NOT MAKING THE REQUIRED DECSION ON PERMITS TO CARRY.

Edward Peruta

imported post

From: Hatfield, Thomas [mailto:Thomas.Hatfield@po.state.ct.us]
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2010 11:47 AM
To: Edward Peruta
Subject: RE: Will call regarding this attachment

Sir,

On Friday May 7, 2010 I spoke with members of the Criminal Justice Information Systems Section about the number and timing of fingerprint based background checks submitted to DPS. From November 2009 to April 2010 between 700 and 1600 fingerprint cards were submitted each month to DPS. At present there is no backlog associated with fingerprint based background checks submitted to DPS. For example, I was told the turnaround time is one to two weeks from the time the fingerprint cards are received. It should be understood that some individual submissions may take significantly longer to process, but this delay is due to information related to the individual submission (e.g. out of state history verification, etc.).

Sincerely,
Tpr. Hatfield