• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Denver City County Boundaries

CO-Joe

imported post

There's also some Denver/County property exterior to the main borders. I forget what those are exactly. :uhoh:

cscitney87

imported post

Of course there are Denver Mountain Parks. Red Rocks and Lookout Mountain are examples of Denver City/County owned property. Thus those properties fall under Denver City/County laws which ban the open carry of.....

Search this Colorado Section for Denver Mountain Parks and you will find many links posted by many users. Denver Mountain Parks do Not need to properly Post with Signage. They are Denver by default; thus exempt from needing signs. Open Carry is lawfully banned. Don't make this mistake because it will cost you big time.

cscitney87

imported post

Darn now that I look at this map at 600%.... Guys check out how Surrounded I am by Denver. The regular green inner suburb streets signs don't change that I notice. The lake pretty much marks my crib.

Never knew exactly How Close I was. Always thought the boarder was Sheridan to the East and nothing to the South.

CRCowboy

imported post

cscitney87 wrote:
Of course there are Denver Mountain Parks. Red Rocks and Lookout Mountain are examples of Denver City/County owned property. Thus those properties fall under Denver City/County laws which ban the open carry of.....

Search this Colorado Section for Denver Mountain Parks and you will find many links posted by many users. Denver Mountain Parks do Not need to properly Post with Signage. They are Denver by default; thus exempt from needing signs. Open Carry is lawfully banned. Don't make this mistake because it will cost you big time.
I absolutely agree ---- It was not my intent to suggest this was all encompassing. Just a general frame of reference that I use when I'm close to Denver City/ County. Just one more tool in the MANY we need to use.

ZackL

imported post

Hopefully next year this map will be unnecessary. However, thanks for the info CRCowboy, I spend a good amount of time in Denver and I've been looking for a comprehensive map that is a permanent fixture on a website.

cscitney87

imported post

Next year? If you were fighting the Constitutionality of the Denver prohibition.. what argument would you use? Denver used Homerule and RTKBA supports used Colorado Bill or Rights. It was a match vote by our justices; are you hoping for the same debate with a different outcome?

ZackL

imported post

The ban on OC in Denver is unconstitutional simply by the Colorado constitution itself and HOPEFULLY (kind of a lot of hope in that) after the elections this year the people will be able to repeal the ban.

cscitney87

imported post

ZackL wrote:
The ban on OC in Denver is unconstitutional simply by the Colorado constitution itself and HOPEFULLY (kind of a lot of hope in that) after the elections this year the people will be able to repeal the ban.
Are you introducing legislation this year, Zack? Are you counting on RMGO to introduce legislation? Did you know that many of the western states have public "voter initiative" legislation? The east coast and southern states traditionally do not support this option. In those states only a representative may introduce legislation. Loving Colorado, aren't we all? :)

ZackL

imported post

I'm not a lawyer or anyone that would know how to introduce legislation. However, it is good to know and I certainly hope that there will be more officials that are elected this year that are pro-gun on every front. Also, I hope that someone with the knowledge base and the ability will push not only the repeal of the OC ban in Denver, but also push for constitutional carry laws that would eliminate the need for a permit to conceal. I think having to pay hundreds of dollars in order to be able to carry a firearm is outrageous; I don't think that people should do so without understanding all of the ramifications and without some training, but to make it illegal to do so without obtaining a piece of paper that says "look, I have permission" is something that should be eliminated.

All of this is just my hope and opinion and probably worth less than what you paid for it, but there it is.

cscitney87

imported post

"Also, I hope that someone with the knowledge base and the ability will push not only the repeal of the OC ban in Denver, but also push for constitutional carry laws that would eliminate the need for a permit to conceal."

In Accordance with State Law; repealing the OC ban in Denver secures Constitutional rights. Colorado "Constitutional Carry" only protects open carry. Our Colorado Bill of Rights explicitly forbids the concealing of from protection.

Section 13. Right to bear arms. The right of no person to keep and bear arms in defense of his home, person and property, or in aid of the civil power when thereto legally summoned, shall be called in question; but nothing herein contained shall be construed to justify the practice of carrying concealed weapons.

ZackL

imported post

Would you prefer if I used the term "Vermont" or "Alaska" carry laws? lol

I was just using the new terminology as it sounds, to me, better than making it seem like only a single state has done away with concealed carry permits.

edited for clarity

bomber

imported post

thank god, my last online map went Kaput. i think i am going to print this one

bomber

imported post

i want to see constitutional carry in our state, that is my dream.

Pace

imported post

Of course, doesnt matter if you are in a car correct?

From my reading, you can OC if you are in a car, passing through?

cscitney87

imported post

Pace wrote:

Better ask your lawyer for the official legal statement. When we post links and laws and cite judges opinions; it's often brushed aside.

bomber

imported post

Pace wrote:

that is the concensus.