Thread: Gensee County Parks and Open or concealed Carry

Post imported post

There has been some question of open and or concealed carry in Genesee County Parks. Today, I talked with Ranger Field. As Expected CLP/CCw and open carry is legal and OK. He is very well informed of Michigan lawand a very pleasent person to talk with. I would say good to go just don't hunt or brandish. Open carry is not brandishing according to him and Michigan law.

Come to Genesee County and use our parks and be safe.

List of park areas

http://www.geneseecountyparks.org/maps.htm

The use of force is a last resort. One aspect of violence is that it is unpredictable. Although your initial intention may be to use limited force, once you have engaged in violence the consequences are unpredictable. Violence always brings about unexpected results and almost always provokes retaliation.

Dalai Lama

http://www.generalnewsgroup.com/

Post imported post

I have a friend who works at Crossroads Village and he told me that all staff have been informed that if they see a person open-carrying, that are to ignore it.
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

Post imported post

DT
    I'm not a lawyer, psychologist, or LEO. This means, don't rely on my opinion to work for you.
    But I am a railroad conductor.
    “Breathes their a man with a soul so dead, that does not thrill to the sound of a passing train?”

Post imported post

To date my only LEO encounter while open carrying, was with one of the Park Rangers. He came up and engaged me in some chit chat but I am certain it was only because of the .45 on my hip. To his credit, he never once asked for ID or anything about the gun. We are good to go with the parks people.