• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC On The Radio

stagmie

imported post

I have a very good idea that most of us here on this list are conservative and either Republican and/or independent. A lot, I bet, are like me and are members of a Tea Party either local or state-wide.

I have been listening to the NEW WAPI NewsTalk 100.5 from Birmingham for several weeks now since coming on the air. http://www.wapi1070.com/I have become MUCH more informed on the happenings in our state government as well as National government since listening in. My point to all this is, I believe it would REALLY be a big plus for someone much more learned than I to call in to the show and ask questions about OCing in the state. Just to start a conversation about it. ALL the states candidates for governer listen to the show daily, as well as the AG and AG candidates and others in power.

Leland Whaley is the host from 10-2 weekdays is would be the one to call. Any takers???

Jonathon Sometimes

imported post

I called in to the Matt Murphy program a couple of weeks ago, because he had Bradley Byrne on to answer questions. I asked him for his support on open carry because he was carrying a shotgun in one of his commercials. He said as long as no laws were being broken, government should have no say in what someone does with a firearm. Pretty standard response. I also mentioned OC being a legal right and referred people to this site.

I would suggest calling in and not asking, but TELLING people about OC being legal. We know our stuff, it's time to educate and not second guess ourselves.

But yes, this is a really good idea, stag. Even further, it would be a great idea to buy airtime to run an ad, like they did in Texas.

Hollowpoint38

A sandwich made of knuckles, Hoover, Alabama
imported post

Jonathon Norris wrote:
I called in to the Matt Murphy program a couple of weeks ago, because he had Bradley Byrne on to answer questions. I asked him for his support on open carry because he was carrying a shotgun in one of his commercials. He said as long as no laws were being broken, government should have no say in what someone does with a firearm. Pretty standard response. I also mentioned OC being a legal right and referred people to this site.

I would suggest calling in and not asking, but TELLING people about OC being legal. We know our stuff, it's time to educate and not second guess ourselves.

But yes, this is a really good idea, stag. Even further, it would be a great idea to buy airtime to run an ad, like they did in Texas.

Matt Murphy? Is this the same guy on 1070am? That Matt Murphy? That's my favorite program.

We need to proactively call these places and start getting the word out.

I too suggested rented some ad time in another post. We need to start cracking down on our state because its obvious we aren't getting the word out fast enough. We've been all over the news and still have problems. We need billboards and radio.

We need a fund raiser. I like what you had in mind Jonathon, but we need to figure out the details. Let me know how you wanna do this. It's your idea, so I'll let you think on it.

stagmie

imported post

Yes, the same Matt Murphy! But I suggest that you post between the hours of 10-2 on the Leland Whaley show. This guy is ON IT. He IS the authority!! Please, listen in to WAPI 100.5 to hear what I'm talking about.