• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Non-Open Carry Friendly Business's

DodgeThisSpringfield

imported post

Is there a thread with a list of business's that are not OC or firearm friendly? I was thinking that perhaps that would be a good sticky... I have read through the "experiences" thread but feel just a single list may be a bit more helpful.

Thoughts?

kyleplusitunes

imported post

unless it is a posted Corp policy, assume all businesses are open carry friendly until told by the business it is not.

it is better to ask forgiveness than permission.

even if 10 other OCers have been asked to leave a business, you have not. I always think it's good to let a business see how many customers they as asking to spend money somewhere else.

DodgeThisSpringfield

imported post

stainless1911 wrote:
Kyle is right.

I thought of this too, but some people said that the list would serve as a form of notice that could be used against you in court. I now agree with this position.
Very good points guys. :)