Thread: No Blackhawk SERPA for Kahr Arms CW40?

Post imported post

Can anyone tell me if there is a Blackhawk SERPA molded for a Kahr Arms CW40? If not can anyone recommend something similar? I have a SERPA holster for my Taurus 24/7 and really like it, but can't find any molded retention holsters for Kahrs.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

I had to wait a while for one for my XD... but dang if it wasn't worth the wait!

Serpa rocks... even the paddle attachment is great and I dislike paddles.

I have a drop-leg mount for it as well... for backpacking and hunting.

Blackhawk might be able to tell you. They used to have a request link on their website where you could let them know you were interested in one... they don't make them unless there is a large demand.

Post imported post

Do they make a holster for any gun similar in size to it? There are some Serpas that while not listed as compatible for something will fit that something. I think I read it maybe with some model Taurus and the XD holster. If they do, consider taking the CW40 to your local Serpa dealer and see if they'll let you try them out.

Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech can probably make you something... but it'll have a tension screw and it won't have the lock, which is probably what you are looking for in the first place.

iTac makes Serpa knockoffs but I don't think they do anything for the Kahr CW40, and I don't think the Bianchi CarryLok is offered for it either.

Post imported post

serpas are mainly marketed as duty/combat holsters. that being said, they generally only make holsters for thos style of weapons, khar is mainly marketed for concealed carry, not a duty gun so you'll probly have to find a leather holster for it.

Post imported post

Yeah I have a leather OWB holster for it, but I'm not happy with it. If I had a CCW there are some very nice IWB holsters for it. Getting a CCW is jot not at the top of my to-do list at present.

I sent an e-mail to Blackhawk asking if there was anything in the works, but I'm not holding my breath.

As for service firearms, I've never heard of any law enforcement being issued anything other than Glock or Baretta M9, Yet they still make SERPAS for other manufacturers such as Taurus. I guess thats because some law enforcement are allowed to use their own personal firearms on the job. Most police officers I know say it's a bad idea to use their personal firearms because their firearm will be confiscated pending investigation should they be involved in a shooting incident, no matter what the circumstances are.
    Nevada Campus Carry: The Movement Continues
    http://nvcampuscarry.blogspot.com

Post imported post

Many LE agencies provide a list of "approved" models in a particular caliber... allowing LEO's to choose between two or more models.