Thread: Empty Holsters illegal?

Post imported post

I like the idea of open carry in Florida, I was wondering if it is illegal to walk anywhere with a empty OC holster on?

Post imported post

Wanshig wrote:
    I like the idea of open carry in Florida, I was wondering if it is illegal to walk anywhere with a empty OC holster on?
    Not illegal but why would you want to?

Post imported post

In my opinion it would show the populace of FL that normal educated people like themselves are for OC in FL, and would dispel the preconceived notions they have in their minds of someone who would, or want to OC.

Post imported post

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus holds "Empty Holster Protests" on college campuses across the country. http://www.concealedcampus.org/protest.php

They use this as a way to gain attention and spark debate on College Concealed Carry. Overall its not a bad tactic when done by a group of carry activists who are prepared with factual talking points, supporting literature, and large scale public exposure.

One guy tromping around Walmart with an empty holster just looks like a loon. Twenty prepared, articulate, presentable, informed activist make a statement.

Post imported post

Are there any plans to do such a thing for OC in FL?

Post imported post

Florida = New Jersey w/ Palm Trees.

Never gonna happen.

If you want to OC, leave. This sh!t state is a lost cause in more than just OC. Any smart person is leaving.
    "The fourth man's dark, accusing song had scratched our comfort hard and long..."
    http://edhelper.com/poetry/The_Hangm...rice_Ogden.htm

https://gunthreadadapters.com

"Be not intimidated ... nor suffer yourselves to be wheedled out of your Liberties by any pretense of Politeness, Delicacy, or Decency. These, as they are often used, are but three different names for Hypocrisy, Chicanery, and Cowardice." - John Adams

Tyranny with Manners is still Tyranny.

Post imported post

Wanshig wrote:
    Are there any plans to do such a thing for OC in FL?
    Come fishing in Daytona on July 3rd. Bring your OC rig, pole, bait, and fishing license.