• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Empty Holsters illegal?

Wanshig

imported post

I like the idea of open carry in Florida, I was wondering if it is illegal to walk anywhere with a empty OC holster on?

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wanshig wrote:
I like the idea of open carry in Florida, I was wondering if it is illegal to walk anywhere with a empty OC holster on?
Not illegal but why would you want to?

Wanshig

imported post

In my opinion it would show the populace of FL that normal educated people like themselves are for OC in FL, and would dispel the preconceived notions they have in their minds of someone who would, or want to OC.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Students for Concealed Carry on Campus holds "Empty Holster Protests" on college campuses across the country. http://www.concealedcampus.org/protest.php

They use this as a way to gain attention and spark debate on College Concealed Carry. Overall its not a bad tactic when done by a group of carry activists who are prepared with factual talking points, supporting literature, and large scale public exposure.

One guy tromping around Walmart with an empty holster just looks like a loon. Twenty prepared, articulate, presentable, informed activist make a statement.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Florida = New Jersey w/ Palm Trees.

Never gonna happen.

If you want to OC, leave. This sh!t state is a lost cause in more than just OC. Any smart person is leaving.

StogieC

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Wanshig wrote:
Are there any plans to do such a thing for OC in FL?
Come fishing in Daytona on July 3rd. Bring your OC rig, pole, bait, and fishing license.