Thread: NRA Convention...

Post imported post

Anyone going? I know about the no gun policy at that convention center and I know the VCDL does more for us here in VA than the NRA does. So before anyone goes off on a tangent about those 2 things I already know that. Just asking if anyone else plans on going to Charlotte this weekend?

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA

Post imported post

I was scheduled to attend but due to personal circumstances, I'll be staying back in Richmond for the weekend.
    James Reynolds

NRA Certified Firearms Instructor - Pistol, Shotgun, Home Firearms Safety, Refuse To Be A Victim
    Concealed Firearms Instructor for Virginia, Florida & Utah permits.
    NRA Certified Chief Range Safety Officer
    Sabre Red Pepper Spray Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Instructor Bio - http://proactiveshooters.com/about-us/

Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

I was gonna go, but did you know there is a no gun policy at the convention center? Besides.. even tho I am an NRA life member, I think VCDL does more for Virginians than the NRA does.

Ed
    Carry On.

Ed

VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

• NRA is not a supporter of open carry.
    • NRA was not a supporter of Arizona's Constitutional Carry until they realized AZCDL was getting progress with it and decided to hop in their backpack for the ride-a-long and to take all the credit. (Sound familiar?)
    • NRA holding convention at GFZ.

No thanks!

Post imported post

For the same reasons I don't spend my money in DC or MD

NC places that are off limits even with a permit/license

· Assemblies and establishments where admission was charged. §14-269.3

·
    Assemblies and establishments where alcohol is both sold and consumed. §14-269.3

State Capitol Building, the Executive Mansion, the Western Residence of the Governor. §14-269.4

·
    State office buildings or any portion of a building in which there’re State offices. §14-415.11(c)

·
    Law Enforcement or Correctional Facilities. §14-415.11(c)

·
    Financial Institutions. §14-415.11(c)

·
    Events Occurring in Public: It shall be unlawful for any person participating in, affiliated with, or present as a spectator at any parade, funeral procession, picket line, or demonstration upon any private health care facility or upon any public place owned or under the control of the State or any of its political subdivisions to willfully or intentionally possess or have immediate access to any dangerous weapon. §14-277.2

·
    Areas of emergencies or riots. §14-288.7

·
    Where notice of carrying a concealed handgun is prohibited by the posting of a conspicuous notice or statement. §14-415.11(c)

USAF Retired
    Certified Glock Armorer
    -------------
    The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not. --- Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

I put some real thought into going but as soon as I realized it was a gun free zone I moved on. NRA hosting a convention in a gun free zone is like going to the beach that has no sand or water....

Post imported post

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

Post imported post

Ed, have you thought about giving that to them in person?

Post imported post

crazydude6030 wrote:
    Ed, have you thought about giving that to them in person?
    I would never expect to get to Wayne. This way it is seen by the mailman, the mailroom, the secretary, Wayne, etc.
    Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Post imported post

Way tu bust Waynes chops Ed!

VCDL is a good organization for incrementally changing really bad gun laws in the Commonwealth, but gunprivilege enhancement seems to be a higher priority than gun rights protection.
    He wore his gun outside his pants for all the honest world to see. Pancho & Lefty

The millions of people, armed in the holy cause of liberty, and in such a country as that which we possess, are invincible by any force which our enemy can send against us....There is no retreat but in submission and slavery! ...The war is inevitableand let it come! I repeat it, Sir, let it come . PATRICK HENRY speech 1776

Post imported post

This is their excuse letter to me, however I do believe they could find other options.

Thank you for contacting us.

The Charlotte Convention Center does not allow the carrying of firearms, both open and concealed.

The large size of our event and the fact that many of the largest convention centers are in some of the most restrictive cities leaves us with relatively few convention centers large enough to accommodate the Annual Meetings. In an effort to provide all NRA members a better opportunity to attend the Annual Meetings, it is important that we move the event around the country as much as possible. While we will not consider bringing the Annual Meetings to a city with gun laws we feel are restrictive, we must however deal with convention centers that have restrictions simply because there are so few convention centers that both allow conceal carry and are large enough to host all of the events that comprise the Annual Meetings.

Thank you for your support!

Best Regards,

Sarah

NRA Member Communications

Post imported post

The Charlotte Convention Center does not allow the carrying of firearms, both open and concealed.

The large size of our event and the fact that many of the largest convention centers are in some of the most restrictive cities leaves us with relatively few convention centers large enough to accommodate the Annual Meetings. In an effort to provide all NRA members a better opportunity to attend the Annual Meetings, it is important that we move the event around the country as much as possible. While we will not consider bringing the Annual Meetings to a city with gun laws we feel are restrictive, we must however deal with convention centers that have restrictions simply because there are so few convention centers that both allow conceal carry and are large enough to host all of the events that comprise the Annual Meetings.

Best Regards,

Sarah

cough bulls*#t cough

I have wondered if turning in my life membership would have any effect. Especially since I haven't given them any money in 10 years.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

kennys wrote:
    This is their excuse letter to me, however I do believe they could find other options.

Best Regards,

Sarah

At least you got a response.

Still waiting for mine.

By the way, they're using that exact same paragraph all over the place on line.

AND they only mention "concealed" carry.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

Tess wrote:
    kennys wrote:

Best Regards,

Sarah

Still waiting for mine.

Carry On.

Ed

- - - -

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

ed wrote:
    Tess wrote:
    kennys wrote:

Best Regards,

Sarah

Still waiting for mine.

My point was that the last paragraph tells what they are concerned with.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein