• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The truth about the US Census

Do you participate in the US Census?

• Yes, because I believe it's important

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, because I mistakenly believe I must

• No, Because I just don't care

• No, It's none of the governments business

• Total voters

The Big Guy

imported post

john-in-reno wrote:
the only thing I gave them was my name and how many people lived here, of course he asked for my b-day, age, and ssn and i told him I refuse to give out that info and he said ok and said thanks and left

If they asked for your SSN, it was a scam.

BG

NewZealandAmerican

Greater Salt Lake City Metro area far south suburb
imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
There is a lot of misleading information out there leading people to believe that the US Constitution mandates everyone to participate in the Census. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The US constitution requires the the Federal Government conduct a census every ten years but nowhere does it say that we must participate.

I've placed a sign on my door warning them not to bother me because I've been woken up three times this week by Census runners. If you would like the sign I have to post on my door I've attached it to this post.
Actually the Constitution only requires you to answer with the number of people in your household. So on the questionaire the only question you have to answer is one, question number one. I don't think it's without accident that question one on the census form is shaded in blue while all other questions aren't.

AnakinsKid

imported post

NewZealandAmerican wrote:
Nevada carrier wrote:
There is a lot of misleading information out there leading people to believe that the US Constitution mandates everyone to participate in the Census. THIS IS NOT TRUE. The US constitution requires the the Federal Government conduct a census every ten years but nowhere does it say that we must participate.

I've placed a sign on my door warning them not to bother me because I've been woken up three times this week by Census runners. If you would like the sign I have to post on my door I've attached it to this post.
Actually the Constitution only requires you to answer with the number of people in your household. So on the questionaire the only question you have to answer is one, question number one. I don't think it's without accident that question one on the census form is shaded in blue while all other questions aren't.
I was thinking exactly the same thing.