• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bass Pro Shop "It's the LAW"

eye95

imported post

Hollowpoint38 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
The public Demonstration law would apply to any public event. He seems to be correct there, but the rest of that is an outrage. I can't really say I'm shocked but I'm still irritated about it. :banghead:
Demonstration is quite clearly defined and does not include any public event.

(1) DEMONSTRATION. Demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking or marching, holding of vigils and all other like forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd or onlookers. Such term shall not include casual use of property by visitors or tourists which does not have an intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.
Mardi Gras would draw onlookers and a crowd. I'm a little confused here.
Check the bolded part.

dixieborn

imported post

Right, eye95's point is how I read it as well. The "draw a crowd" phrase is merely describing the earlier clause which has to be present for a 'public demonstration', that is, the "communication or expression of views or grievances."

Unless you're trying to say that mardi gras is "one or more persons expressing their grief that they are not drunk enough" .... which I wouldn't put it past some of this LE we got down here to try and push that point.

SlackwareRobert

imported post

But didn't officer friendly just state a gun on your side frightens little old ladies?
How would women and children running for their lives 'Draw a Crowd", disperse
a crowd maybe but not draw one.:lol:

Glad I missed it, I would have had to make the statement "Wow, where did it go!,
It disapeared faster than a box of donuts at shift change." I just can't figure out why
every leo I meet wants to put me over the hood of the squad car. Of course the
dropped soap and night stick in their pocket lines could never get used if they don't.
I will have to get his name, so when asked to conceal I can put my arm over the
holster and be legally complying by Alabama standards.:lol:
Always a plus to have our men in blue ready to testify on our behalf.:banghead::banghead:

Hate to defend the blisfully ignorant, but the short barrel expires on July 5th,
so during his class he was correct. But that the law was signed before his
misinformation campaign he should be raked over the coals for it anyways.

Kirbinator

imported post

eye95 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
eye95 wrote:
Hollowpoint38 wrote:
The public Demonstration law would apply to any public event. He seems to be correct there, but the rest of that is an outrage. I can't really say I'm shocked but I'm still irritated about it. :banghead:
Demonstration is quite clearly defined and does not include any public event.

(1) DEMONSTRATION. Demonstrating, picketing, speechmaking or marching, holding of vigils and all other like forms of conduct which involve the communication or expression of views or grievances engaged in by one or more persons, the conduct of which has the effect, intent or propensity to draw a crowd or onlookers. Such term shall not include casual use of property by visitors or tourists which does not have an intent or propensity to attract a crowd or onlookers.
Mardi Gras would draw onlookers and a crowd. I'm a little confused here.
Check the bolded part.
Well, if Mardi Gras is a demonstration, I suppose it's a demonstration of body parts that want to be free, or some such nonsense. ;-)

Mas49.56

imported post

"Well, if Mardi Gras is a demonstration, I suppose it's a demonstration of body parts that want to be free, or some such nonsense. ;-)"

Hahaha

:monkey:dude:

SlackwareRobert

imported post

How is showing you got more beads than the next 'guy?' a demonstration?
A shining example of capitalism and work ethic working together to lift
everyones shirts and spirits.

But isn't the 100% drink coverage the biggest supporter, there is nowhere
that isn't consuming booze, so no CC allowed. And since you cannot ban CC
and OC by Alabama Constitution, OC must be allowed at MG.
Once again simple logic forces the state to acknowledge our rights.:celebrate

Is it brandishing if they don't look at the gun on your hip when you pull up your shirt? :shock:

Eeyore

imported post

dixieborn wrote:
....He was, of course, open carrying, and he proceeded to put his arm over his weapon and say "Is it concealed now?" He goes on into how there has been no case law defining what is concealed and what is unconcealed. I was kind of dumbfounded at this line of reasoning as any "reasonable person" would not consider his gun to be concealed because his arm swung in front of it. .....

You think this is bad, try to figure out the law in Mississippi. All the law says is "concealed in whole or in part." One judge construed that to mean an openly carried pistol in a holster is "concealed" because the holster hides the gun "in part." :shock:

There's a reason Mississippi is #50 in just about everything......

dixieborn

imported post

Eeyore wrote:
You think this is bad, try to figure out the law in Mississippi.  All the law says is "concealed in whole or in part."  One judge construed that to mean an openly carried pistol in a holster is "concealed" because the holster hides the gun "in part." :shock:

There's a reason Mississippi is #50 in just about everything......

And that's why we really appreciate y'all... because no matter what happens over here, we can always say "At least we aren't Mississippi!" ;)

No offense intended of course for all you proud Mississippians... because honestly, y'all have Louisiana!