• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Report

rickc1962

Holding a loaded gun in front of kids that have absolutely no clue about gun safety, in public nonetheless, is far from educational IMO. I'm glad it turned out okay, but it could have went south very fast. Since my other issue has been beaten to death on this forum I'll just quote someone:

I am so sorry that people on the east coast fell this way about your counterparts out here in the wide open west, you are right though about one thing, thay don`t know anything about gun safety and thats why I held on to my firearm instead of letting them hold it, my question to you is, HOW MANY POSITIVE GUN ENCOUNTERS DID YOU HAVE WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC THIS WEEK ? Now that said, ime noot edgebacated lik youall eastcoost cetyslekers r i wenst too thee publik skool an my nokles drage da grund sory bout dat.

sFe

I am so sorry that people on the east coast fell this way about your counterparts out here in the wide open west, you are right though about one thing, thay don`t know anything about gun safety and thats why I held on to my firearm instead of letting them hold it, my question to you is, HOW MANY POSITIVE GUN ENCOUNTERS DID YOU HAVE WITH THE GENERAL PUBLIC THIS WEEK ? Now that said, ime noot edgebacated lik youall eastcoost cetyslekers r i wenst too thee publik skool an my nokles drage da grund sory bout dat.

Why are you so on the defensive about you're location? This has absolutely nothing to do with that. I haven't been questioned about carrying so I would say they are all positive/neutral, this area is very gun friendly. City slicker huh, Laurinburg's population is a whopping 15k and I'm outside of the city limits so I must be a suburbanite then? It takes all of two seconds to use a spell checker, I don't see what education has to do with that.

rickc1962

Why are you so on the defensive about you're location? This has absolutely nothing to do with that. I haven't been questioned about carrying so I would say they are all positive/neutral, this area is very gun friendly. City slicker huh, Laurinburg's population is a whopping 15k and I'm outside of the city limits so I must be a suburbanite then? It takes all of two seconds to use a spell checker, I don't see what education has to do with that.

First off I apologize if I offended you, second, I am not defensive about were I live, fact of the matter, I love all the mountain states and will never move from them, now N.C. is not even close to Az. on gun rights, but your better then alot of east coast states, we out here pride ourselves on our old west history and alot of us live here becouse of it, most tourist from around the world that come to Az. as other mountain states for the cowboy and old west history, and I for one will do everthing I can to not only teach it, but the importance of the 2nd Amendment why I am at it. Im glad you live in the country and not a metropolis, I also live in the country, my last house was in the middle of a 120,000 acre ranch and most of the places i`ve lived ( except here in Havasu ) was at least 35 mi. from the closest store, but I digress. As for spell check, I only started using computers about two years ago and don`t know a lot about them, but I am learning, I took off a toolbar and added another toolbar insted, when I did this I lost my spell check and don`t know how to get it back, so you see I do all of my spelling by memory and sometimes it`s wrong. Now as far as the Italian family, I try to educate when ever I can, how ever I can, in the safest way I can, and I think not only did I do that, but I left them with a lasting impression of the old west and Az. Again I ask what have you done in a positive light to spread the 2nd Amendment to the non gun owning public this week?

Last edited:

rickc1962

Yesterday, while at my favorite grub house, I was chowing down when this customer that I have seen a couple of times there, but have never spoke to, came up to me to talk about my holster, he really liked the way it looked and said he has a old west stile rig he bought south of the border, but it was not nearly as nice as mine. I told him I had a part ( friend ) in Wy that builds reproduction cowboy leather work, and he made it for me. After him and his wife finished eating and was leaving I said goodbye to him, and said I hope to see him open carrying some day, he pulled back his shirt to show me his concealed firearm, a 38 I think, I said, " great to see you carrying , but hope you will start to open carry." He said he would like to but not brave enough to, I ensured him with time he would be. I think with time he will become an ally.

Sonora Rebel

This is essentially a cultural divide. There's a big difference between 'country' and 'cowboy'... altho the line seems blurred at times. The east is NOT the southwest... altho many people relocate here and bring all of that baggage with 'em. (Politics, attitude and dress) You also don't have the affinity of the 'old west' with tourists... many of which are foreigners. What some of us wear daily is not all that far removed from the mid 1800's. It's the nature of the desert... if you live off-pavement. They're curious... and will often ask about certain things... guns especially 'cause they've never seen regular people carry guns... much less an SAA .45.

Heh... I just caught this... "Sonora Rebel is a special case. He does it intentionally to have an old west sound to what he writes." Uh, no... I write the way I think/speak, (I sound sort'a like Sam Elliott) but I do intentionally abbreviate. 'Comes w/bein' a cowboy poet too I s'pose. None of my former English teachers ever sold a word that they ever wrote or recorded. I have. 'Reckon that makes me a professional writer then... don't it?

Last edited: