• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I want to buy an AR 15

bigdaddy1

imported post

This is what scared me off AR's. So many freakin options, types, bores etc....:banghead:

I picked up a AK47 (WASR double stack). I could buy 3 for what you get for one AR. No options, no one saying my lower is better than yours or you should have gone with this upper. People say how inaccurate the AK's are, that they are cheap guns and all. I havent had any problems with it and its as accurate as I need it. I dont need to do 3 inch patterns and all that.

Now before anyone starts flamming, I am not saying AK's are better than AR's. Only they are more user friendly, require less "fiddling" and are a lot cheaper that most AR's.

I would still like to get an AR, but I dont need one.

marrero jeff

imported post

glock34, im not saying the piston design is a bad design, in fact i think it is an excellent system, as i stated, i would love to get an hk mr556/hk416. my point was that the DI system is not the jammomatic system many stereotype it to be. it is very reliable if you take care of your weapon and light. if you dont want to do that, get an ak-47

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I was not arguing with you, I agree.

My nephew ACE was born today, I was named Godfather . next year for his 1 year Birthday , I am going to give him my, Defensive Edge CY6 lower w/ the Bushmaster Trigger Group Complete with Magpul UBR Stock plus a Rifle length A4 flattop upper with Daniel Defense quad rails. Yup, he's getting a kick azz Cutom AR.

VAopencarry

imported post

I've been there twice just checking them out. The last time I had a bad experience with their big azz dog, not sure if I will go back.

VAopencarry

imported post

Really? That damn thing kept barking aggressively at me every time I tried to approach the counter. He is big enough to get over that counter if he wanted to. After 5 minutes or so of trying I gave up and left. It's hard to look in a gun case when the dogs face is only 2ft away barking.

GLOCK21GB

Campaign Veteran
imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Dang, that must have been it. It was ME. There were 3 guys at the counter and the dog ignored them. [thread jack]
I would have told them to SHUT THAT DOG UP & get it AWAY from me !! if you want my business and the 1500.00 that's in my pocket.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

AKs are heavy... and the ammo even heavier. Yes, they are good mud guns, but they just cannot compare in accuracy with an AR.

As for the rails being featherweight...

This
bb-gms-blog-pics1.jpg

is much lighter than
index.php
STAR-CX-EBR-A.jpg

Because no matter how you slice it, plastic is lighter than aluminum.

Now I can attach picatinny rails on my Magpul hand guard, but the aluminum one you see here cannot be reduced in size unless you change it out completely. The extra weight is something you'll feel about 4 hours into your hike or march. We sometimes go hiking for three or four days... a couple pounds really makes a difference.

If I want to add more rails... I add these
41J1LZ2qxNL.jpg

But then again... that's just me.

marrero jeff

imported post

my daniel defense rail weighs less than a pound dude. sure if you spend $100 on one, it'll be heavy, but if you can drop $200-300 on one, you can really get a efather weight.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

marrero jeff wrote:
my daniel defense rail weighs less than a pound dude. sure if you spend $100 on one, it'll be heavy, but if you can drop $200-300 on one, you can really get a efather weight.
Ok, first, Glock34, the two posts with big unrelated pictures was totally uncalled for... seriously, grow up and stop wasting thread space on goofy pictures.

And Jeff... there in lies the rub... nobody who wants to buy a good weapon for a reasonable price wants to spend 300 dollars on a hand guard... no matter how nice it is. Mine (with three additional rails) was only 60 dollars, it is very lightweight. My Magpul MOE hand guard weighs around 6oz and the three picatinny attachments bring its weight up to 8oz. The cost is in his price range.

CUOfficer

imported post

I started the thread to get people's input on the basics of selecting an AR 15. There is no need to argue about who's got the bigger d*ck. I was just wondering what people have and how they like it.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

CUOfficer wrote:
I started the thread to get people's input on the basics of selecting an AR 15. There is no need to argue about who's got the bigger d*ck. I was just wondering what people have and how they like it.

There's no use arguing 'cause it's me! :lol:

Back OT, if you read my last post I like AR's PERIOD :DLike I said, it all depends on what you want in the rifle, whether or not you'd like to build it yourself,and how much you want to spend.