Thread: OC while out biking?

Post imported post

Did a search about this topic and can't find anything here about bicycling while carrying. Some say a bike is a vehicle, but technically not a motor vehicle with a glove compartment.

Can't seem to find anything on this topic.

I've been chased by many dogs, luckily never attacked yet, but this would certainly give me confidence as I put my miles on.

Banned
    across Death's Door on Washington Island, Wisconsin, USA

Post imported post

In Wisconsin? Wisc. Stat. §167.31 and it refers to vehicles and not to motor vehicles. The definition is in the Chapter or referred.

Post imported post

I know the issue of vehicle carry from looking over PA's statutes. I'm not sure of the statutes in Wisconsin, but I'm sure vehicle covers all vehicles, not just motor vehicles.

Check the statutes and local ordinances and see if you can carry a cattle prod, preferably the high voltage cattle prod. Ed Frawley, a dog trainer who has an issue with free roaming dogs while going on walks, has discussed the issue.

You should email him, as he probably knows the legal issues of carrying weapons against free roaming dogs.

His email address is frawley [at] leerburg.com

Personally, I thought about a cattle prod myself as a deterrent so I wouldn't have to shoot a dog.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

come on insane, electronic weapons are illegal in wisconsin

Post imported post

Master Doug Huffman wrote:
    In Wisconsin? Wisc. Stat. §167.31 and it refers to vehicles and not to motor vehicles. The definition is in the Chapter or referred.
    Just wondering if someone knows. Someone in here must have ran across this issue before. (not just for dogs)

Post imported post

<hit reply too early>
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

Post imported post

Are you sure about that? Frawley mentions cattle prods in one of his videos. Unless he is ignorant in the laws and mentioned the use...

Seeing the WI statute...
    Chapter 941.295 Possession of electric weapon. Subsection (1) On or after July 1, 1982, whoever sells, transports, manufactures, possesses or goes armed with any electric weapon is guilty of a Class E felony. Subsection (4) In this section, "electric weapon" means any device which is designed, redesigned, used or intended to be used, offensively or defensively, to immobilize or incapacitate persons by the use electric current.

Post imported post

when i was younger i got busted with a stun gun ... misdemeanor ... any electronic weapon = stun gun.

what you're quoting was probably prior to the popularity of stun guns that you can put in your pocket (thus new laws too).

Post imported post

:? Reading various weapons laws in WI, they seem to want people to be victims in the state. What on earth happened to create such a putrid environment of criminalizing people who want to defend themselves?

You have wolves in Wisconsin, has nobody been eaten yet by a pack of wolves while walking/riding a bicycle like here in Alaska?

Post imported post

just stalked so far from what ive read

in milwaukee its tough to walk your food ... I mean your dog

:P

Post imported post

They must fetch a handsome price at Chinese restaurants. Deep fried doggy!

Post imported post

LOL nonono

food for the wolves / coyotes

lol

Post imported post

If you don't want to use deadly force on a dog, I'd suggest a canister of pepper spray. Dogs have an incredibly keen sense of smell as it is, and pepper spray has an effect on them much greater than on a human.

Post imported post

http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum62/8864.html

This is how I do it in Arizona. Don't know how well this would work, or the applicable laws, in Wisconson.

Good Luck!

Post imported post

PavePusher wrote:

This is how I do it in Arizona. Don't know how well this would work, or the applicable laws, in Wisconson.

Good Luck!
    Cool, I'm thinking it must be legal here, as being on a bike, you're not concealed in the confines of the vehicle.

I see why you want to carry,,, those yellow shoes and red shorts LOL

Post imported post

LaCrosseKevin wrote:
    those yellow shoes and red shorts
    Are you sure the shorts aren't blue?

Post imported post

wow talk about short memory span LOL

okok, the yellow shoes are bad enough LOL

(no, really, thanks for posting and sharing though)

Post imported post

I can see it now...

*incident happens. black gang member defaces vehice*

"Yes sir, he was a white kid with a blue hoodie!"

Post imported post

LaCrosseKevin wrote:
    PavePusher wrote:

Good Luck!
    Cool, I'm thinking it must be legal here, as being on a bike, you're not concealed in the confines of the vehicle.

I see why you want to carry,,, those yellow shoes and red shorts LOL
    Yeah, yeah.... I wore the blue shorts for contrast, yeah, that's it, contrast.

Ain't I just a fashion plate? Now, try and keep up... :celebrate