• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Chippewa Valley Open Carry Picnic June 13, 2010

BROKENSPROKET

imported post

[align=center]OPEN Carry Picnic
second Amendment Rally
[/align]

[align=center]June 13, 2010 Noon - 4PM

Seymour Town Park

Eau Claire, WI

This is a family friendly event and is open to the public.
[/align]

[align=center]Our goal is to promote awarenessof Open Carry rights and education of Wisconsin's firearm's laws.[/align]

[align=center]A short program will begin at 1:00 PM with the presentation of the colors by American Legion Post #53 followed by speakers.

Food will begin being served at Noon.
[/align]

[align=center]Brats, burgers, hotdogs, baked beans, potato salad and bottled water will be served at no cost. Free will donations will be accepted.
[/align]

[align=center]Soda and snacks will be on sale by the Seymour Ball Club to raise funds for thier program.[/align]

[align=center]
Donations will be taken for the Bolton Refuge House, a women's shelter for victims of domestic violence and sexual assualt.[/align]

[align=center]Certified firearms instructors will be present.[/align]

[align=left]
Guidelines
[/align]

• This event is for the Open Carry of properly holstered handguns only. No long guns will be allowed.
  • All firearms must remain holstered at all times, except for what is required for vehicle transport per WI § 167.31.
  • No alcohol is permitted.
  • All Wisconsin concealed carry prohitions apply per WI § 941.23
  • Only those 18 years of age and older my possess a firearm.
  • All firearm safety rules must be followed.

Easy Directions: Take Hwy 53 Exit 90 'North Crossing', turn East on Qty Q for 2.5 miles, then turn right of Qty QS and follow the signs.

For more information, contact: chippewavalleyopencarrypicnic@gmail.com

Please help get the word out, print of a couple of flyers and put them up in your area. http://www.wisconsincarry.org/pdf/ChippewaValleyOCPicnic.pdf

[align=left][/align]

goforlow

imported post

Also, anybody local that can help us (brokensprocket and myself), please PM us or post here. We could use some help.

When handing out fliers, put them everywhere! Gas stations, bowling alleys, any place with a bulletin board. Remember that "gun friendly" people don't only visit local gun stores! You are a "gun friendly" person, try to put up fliers at every business you visit that will allow you to post a flier.

THANKS!! See you there!!

Carry On

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

We will have fliers available for everybody at the La Crosse event this weekend.

We'll even try to get a blurb about it in the local paper here.

lance galloway

imported post

goforlow wrote:
Also, anybody local that can help us (brokensprocket and myself), please PM us or post here. We could use some help.

When handing out fliers, put them everywhere! Gas stations, bowling alleys, any place with a bulletin board. Remember that "gun friendly" people don't only visit local gun stores! You are a "gun friendly" person, try to put up fliers at every business you visit that will allow you to post a flier.

THANKS!! See you there!!

Carry On

I live in Eau Claire and would love to help I am working a lot but when I have some free time I'll pass out as many fliers as I can. So send me some as soon as possible.

Greg I will pm you my address

barronburke

imported post

goforlow wrote:

THANKS!! See you there!!

Carry On
I will be in chetek could put some up there

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll probably be coming up there with Hubert and the guys. I don't have a holster yet for my new handgun, but should have it this week (I thought Monday, but haven't seen it yet...). Otherwise if I don't get it, I may take the opportunity on such a nice day and go shooting at the range.

bnhcomputing

Founder's Club Member
imported post

logan wrote:
I'll probably be coming up there with Hubert and the guys. I don't have a holster yet for my new handgun, but should have it this week (I thought Monday, but haven't seen it yet...). Otherwise if I don't get it, I may take the opportunity on such a nice day and go shooting at the range.
Two things logan:

1. No firearm is needed to attend.
2. I carry the .45 now, I can lend you the G-17 Glock.

Hope to see you Sunday...

logan

Campaign Veteran
imported post

bnhcomputing wrote:
logan wrote:
Two things logan:

1. No firearm is needed to attend.
2. I carry the .45 now, I can lend you the G-17 Glock.

Hope to see you Sunday...
Changed my mind pretty quick. I'll be going for sure with Hubert. Looks like I'll be meeting a lot of new people this weekend. Just forgive me if you introduce yourself and minutes later I forget your name :p