• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A store in Bullhead City, AZ and (Henderson, NV) that doesn't like Guns!

SCJeffro

imported post

I was out in Bullhead City, AZ today to do a little shopping... I stopped in at a store I have been to many times and was greeted by this SARCASM ON "beautiful sight" SARCASM OFF...

XS1.jpg

The store is Xtreme Sportswear (they have a location here on Hwy 95 and one in Henderson on S. Valle Verde)

XS2.jpg

I called and talked to the Clerk and asked for the name of the Manager of this store... The Manager was not there (I am going to talk to her tomorrow) so I asked the clerk about the sign and told her they would no longer get any of my business because of the new sign.

She stated "Well we put it up because not too long ago we almost got robbed"

I asked "how is this sign supposed to help?"

She said "Cause people won't bring guns in"

I replied... "OK look at it this way, Do you think the robber was carrying a gun legally"

"No, probably not" she said

"Ok so he was there to rob you, he probably had an illegal gun... Do you think the sign is going to stop him from coming in and robbing you again?" I asked...

"No, probably not" she said

I finished by saying "you are probably right, in fact the sign is going to now tell him 'there is no good guys in here with guns because they follow the rules' so now this store is an even EASIER target! Wouldn't that make sense? I mean which store would a robber rather rob, a store where they welcome legal gun owners or one that doesn't?? I would say the one that doesn't is obviously an easier target for someone looking to Rob, Rape or Murder the people inside right?"

"I guess" she said.

"OK thanks for your time, I will call and talk with the manager tomorrow, have a great evening!"

:uhoh:

SCJeffro

imported post

So I just talked to the manager and she said "it was the owners that requested that the sign be put up."

I explained the logic of how the sign made them an easier target and ran a couple scenarios with her with the sign and without the sign. She agreed that it made sense to her that the sign keeps good people out and tells bad people they won't be challenged inside. The point that I will not be shopping there and because of this both of their stores are now known in the gun world as "anti gun" was also made. I let her know that word of mouth advertising is a big deal, especially for small stores like this! I was OC the whole time and she did not ask me to leave.:D I also pointed out that the sign did not stop me, a GOOD GUY, from coming in with my gun and that if I had been a BAD GUY intending to do them harm or rob the store it obviously would not have hindered me in the least. She agreed, All in all it went well but she said I would have to talk to the owner about it. They will be in the store Saturday and I will be in Las Vegas so I plan on calling them.

She also explained to me what "almost got robbed" meant... Apparently a man came in with a gun and pointed it at the clerk and demanded money she refused and the man left... Hence they "almost got robbed" after this the clerk quit because of stress and they put up the sign.

It seems to have worked wonders as they have not been robbed since... :uhoh: lol :banghead:

gmijackso

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
It seems to have worked wonders as they have not been robbed since...  :uhoh:  lol :banghead:

Little known fact, but "No Firearms/Weapons" signs also repel elephants. As I understand it, there have been exactly zero elephant sightings since the posting of the sign as well.

28kfps

imported post

My wife and I were walking by a small strip mall store and there was two guys with ski masks on. One had a sawed off shot gun and the other had a hand gun. They were getting ready to go into a store and one of them all of the sudden said stop! Stop! The other said what! What! Do you see a cop? No he said. Read the sing on the door. It said no guns allowed. The guy said Son of a ditch!!! good thing we did not go in. The other guy said now what are we going to do?

SCJeffro

imported post

28kfps wrote:
My wife and I were walking by a small strip mall store and there was two guys with ski masks on. One had a sawed off shot gun and the other had a hand gun. They were getting ready to go into a store and one of them all of the sudden said stop! Stop! The other said what! What! Do you see a cop? No he said. Read the sing on the door. It said no guns allowed. The guy said Son of a ditch!!! good thing we did not go in. The other guy said now what are we going to do?
You mean These Guys?

gun-free-zone-dang.jpg

flagellum

imported post

Haha I was waiting fot that picture.

Though nothing is quite as good as the one I saw in San Francisco (Sad I ddidn't take a picture of it) was no joke,a sgin that said "No Robbery Zone" Just in case you were going to rob the place, it politely reminds you that that is not allowed in this area. :quirky

rpyne

imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
You should offer up this sign for them.:cuss:

GunFreeZone.jpg
I REALLY want to buy some of these signs but can't find them. I want to give them to the local movie theaters.

rpyne

imported post

Korben88 wrote:
rpyne wrote:
Sabotage70 wrote:
You should offer up this sign for them.:cuss:
I REALLY want to buy some of these signs but can't find them. I want to give them to the local movie theaters.

We could always have them made. I have a sign hookup!
I found a PDF of it, I wonder what it would cost to get them printed on plastic like the signs the hardware stores sell.

Sabotage70

imported post

rpyne wrote:

I found a PDF of it, I wonder what it would cost to get them printed on plastic like the signs the hardware stores sell.
I'm sure they can't be more than a few bucks a piece for them to be printed up on vinyl stickers.

gmijackso

imported post

I think the material you're looking for is Coro-Plast. As in Corrugated Plastic. In my experience, that is usually the cheapest thing to have a sign made out of.

However, I used to buy 8.5 x 11 sheets of Ink-Jet printable window cling material at office supply stores. Depending upon your goal, that might suffice.

dchoepp

Campaign Veteran
imported post

OK, so we need a "Master List" of businesses in the state of NV (AZ, all states for that matter should setup one too) that we can add the names, locations, etc. of businesses that do not want out money because of OC. I DO NOT want to support businesses like this.

If we are all on the same page about which ones are "them", we will have more impact.

I dunno, maybe this is available somewhere on here. If not, some one who knows how to setup one should volunteer, and lets get these names out there.

AnakinsKid

imported post

dchoepp wrote:
OK, so we need a "Master List" of businesses in the state of NV (AZ, all states for that matter should setup one too) that we can add the names, locations, etc. of businesses that do not want out money because of OC. I DO NOT want to support businesses like this.

If we are all on the same page about which ones are "them", we will have more impact.

I dunno, maybe this is available somewhere on here. If not, some one who knows how to setup one should volunteer, and lets get these names out there.
http://friendorfoe.us/