• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A store in Bullhead City, AZ and (Henderson, NV) that doesn't like Guns!

SCJeffro

imported post

UPDATE #2, GOOD NEWS!

OK so I talked to the Owner, Linda and she was VERY nice, she explained in more detail a couple situations that led to the placement of the sign... She also stated that even though the sign is there they have "NO problem" with responsible people carrying a gun into their store... and has actually agreed to "change the sign"

Evidently along with the "Almost robbed" incident, at some point a couple of gun owners in Bullhead City came into the store and "flaunted their guns"... they actually removed their guns from their holsters and placed them on the counter inadvertently pointing them at the teenage clerk behind the counter! They acted in a manner that was dangerous and VERY irresponsible (and worthy of punishment in my opinion)... This is what led to the sign... A couple bad apples spoil the bunch kind of thing.

Anyway I explained my side and she said she understood my concern and that her husband collects and in fact carries a gun so they have NOTHING against gun owners or those responsible people that carry guns!

Basically BHC police told her that they need to have a sign if they want to be able to tell people to leave that have guns... (I don't know that this is true as it is private property and I believe they can tell anyone to leave if they want) but this is what BHC police told them.

So they are probably going to keep a sign of some sort but it will likely read something like "We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are carrying a gun or weapon and act in an irresponsible manner" But it will not be a "No guns allowed"sign.

I think for the most part this was a good interaction and it does show that the store owners are not Anti-gun after all. The call went a lot better than I had expected actually. I was all ready for a good fight and the owner didn't give me any reason to! :)

DVC

City? Who wants to live in a CITY?, Nevada, USA
imported post

Sabotage70 wrote:
rpyne wrote:

I found a PDF of it, I wonder what it would cost to get them printed on plastic like the signs the hardware stores sell.
I'm sure they can't be more than a few bucks a piece for them to be printed up on vinyl stickers.

They are copyrighted to whoever created this design.

You might want to do your own design -- maybe even with a Nevada tie, such as state outline.

You could even attribute it to a fake anti-gun group, such as "Nevada Victim Disarmament Coalition" . . .

DVC

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
UPDATE #2, GOOD NEWS!

So they are probably going to keep a sign of some sort but it will likely read something like "We reserve the right to ask you to leave if you are carrying a gun or weapon and act in an irresponsible manner" But it will not be a "No guns allowed"sign.
Sounds like time to come up with a small poster to offer such responsible businesses:

"Gun Owners Welcome

[image of a pistol in a holster]

but

Please keep it in the holster"

SCJeffro

imported post

OK so I decided to offer them this sign to use... Thoughts?

29aslfb.jpg

Korben88

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
UPDATE #2, GOOD NEWS!

OK so I talked to the Owner, Linda and she was VERY nice, she explained in more detail a couple situations that led to the placement of the sign... She also stated that even though the sign is there they have "NO problem" with responsible people carrying a gun into their store... and has actually agreed to "change the sign"

Evidently along with the "Almost robbed" incident, at some point a couple of gun owners in Bullhead City came into the store and "flaunted their guns"... they actually removed their guns from their holsters and placed them on the counter inadvertently pointing them at the teenage clerk behind the counter! They acted in a manner that was dangerous and VERY irresponsible (and worthy of punishment in my opinion)... This is what led to the sign... A couple bad apples spoil the bunch kind of thing.

Anyway I explained my side and she said she understood my concern and that her husband collects and in fact carries a gun so they have NOTHING against gun owners or those responsible people that carry guns!

Basically BHC police told her that they need to have a sign if they want to be able to tell people to leave that have guns... (I don't know that this is true as it is private property and I believe they can tell anyone to leave if they want) but this is what BHC police told them.

I think for the most part this was a good interaction and it does show that the store owners are not Anti-gun after all. The call went a lot better than I had expected actually. I was all ready for a good fight and the owner didn't give me any reason to! :)
Wow, That is a huge victory for the good guys. Nice job! I think that replacement sign looks great too. I wouldn't make it as big as the original though maybe 12''x18"

MK

imported post

Maybe they should try putting up a sign that prohibits the robbing of their store? Someone living there should ask them about that idea.

DVC

imported post

SCJeffro wrote:
OK so I decided to offer them this sign to use... Thoughts?
It sure gives a bad view of gun folks . . .all negative, no positive. I would look at that sign and figure we weren't welcome there. A non-gun person would see it and it would reinforce all of the nasty stuff they think they know about gun folks.

28kfps

imported post

Using the same icon picture saying “Only legally carried holster-secured firearms allowed. All other weapons are prohibited.” This is short and to the point. I believe you can put too much information on a sign. With that said whichever sign is used great job of education and pro-active action.

SCJeffro

imported post

Just so everyone knows... If I got to design a sign for any store, it would be one that says

"GUNS = OK"

but it's not my store. I offered a sign that fit the owner's specifications NOT MINE.

You can't please everyone. :quirky

The original sign is GONE and when I left, there was actually no sign replacing it (the one I provided OR the original)

This is now a GUN FRIENDLY store either way! :D

Done, NEXT!