• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

I think someone called in a MWAG on me...

Kriegsammler

imported post

Hey all,

I was at Qdoba on Bardstown and Eastern Pky last nite getting a tasty tasty Chicken Queso Burrito.. (so addicting..) Normally I get it to go but I felt like reading a bit so I brought a book in with me. As I walked in there was an elderly couple seated near the door and as I passed I saw the lady looking at my revolver.. then she leaned fwd to her husband and started whispering.. ( I head her say "..pistol?" ) My SA is always on high when I OC so after getting my food, I sat at the counter in the front window so I could keep an eye on my scooter.. and an eye on the rest of the restaurant behind me reflected in the window.. 20 min go by I guess.. ( I was reading.. ) and I see in my peripheral a man walk by outside dressed all in black with a glint of silver on his chest.. I glance up and made eye contact with the male LEO as he was looking right at me when I looked up.. I smiled and nodded hello.. then went back to reading.. Not 10 sec later I see the same black outfit with the glint of silver reflected in the window which tells me.. "LEO coming up behind".. I didn't flinch.. I just raised my eyes and looked straight at the reflection of a female LEO as she walked up.. stopped about 5 ft away from me.. cocked her head as though thinking something.. then shrugged and passed me on her way out the door..

I just smiled and kept reading..

Now.. this may have been just 2 LEOs passing thru.. but the fact that they both approached 1 from the front and 1 from the rear tells me they were responding to a MWAG call.. and were confronted with a legally OCing, law abiding citizen quietly reading a book on Samurai and Bushido..

dum Dum DUMMM....... ;)

The call was probably from the elderly lady..

I hope they educate her on OC... as she and her husband had already left.

Another good day.

-Adam

rentamedic

imported post

ok i live down the steet and that one has on any given weekend 2 or 3 cops in side or around it stageing point ? for the area anyways.

Igo in there now and then with a OC ruger p-89 there i get some looks but yet to be stoped by the pd they do look but i just go about my day.

I have only been stoped 2 times once at a carwash in Audubon that was a bad day for me with them held be for about 1 or 2 in there car when they looked in mine with out me telling them they could. The other time the movies at Cinemark Tinseltown when a UC stoped me at my car after a movie telling me i could not be there by the managment there so i left and have not gone back there is a post about then time on here.

Unfettered Might

imported post

rentamedic wrote:
ok i live down the steet and that one has on any given weekend 2 or 3 cops in side or around it stageing point ? for the area anyways.

Igo in there now and then with a OC ruger p-89 there i get some looks but yet to be stoped by the pd they do look but i just go about my day.

I have only been stoped 2 times once at a carwash in Audubon that was a bad day for me with them held be for about 1 or 2 in there car when they looked in mine with out me telling them they could. The other time the movies at Cinemark Tinseltown when a UC stoped me at my car after a movie telling me i could not be there by the managment there so i left and have not gone back there is a post about then time on here.
Let me read that right. So your saying you were detained in the back of a police car while they searched your car, simply for OCing?

rentamedic

imported post

no names beat my self for that one was just to shacking up i guess and there cars where point at mine thou one was off to the side one was a LMPD cop his one the one i had to go find after it was over and i got home and found out they had taken my car keys and house keys apart. so i get home to find i have not house key and had to call down town they did not know much about the stop its been 2 or 3 years now

Unfettered Might

imported post

rentamedic wrote:
no names beat my self for that one was just to shacking up i guess and there cars where point at mine thou one was off to the side one was a LMPD cop his one the one i had to go find after it was over and i got home and found out they had taken my car keys and house keys apart. so i get home to find i have not house key and had to call down town they did not know much about the stop its been 2 or 3 years now
Well it's been far too long to do anything now.

Take your time and look up the KRS regarding disorderly conduct, inciting a riot and KRS 237.104(the section referring to "any other time" is the important part). Also look up terry stops, deprivation of rights under color of statute and illegal search and seizure.

Now apply all that to what happened to you......pissed off yet?

Keep that stuff handy on a piece of paper in your wallet and don't be afraid to ask for a supervisor next time. They only get away with what we let them get away with.