Thread: Do Census workers in Richmond get hazard pay?

Post imported post

Yeah, I know, another Bad Richmond! thread from me.

Safety in numbers. Yeah. Safer bets that the criminals will get more valuables from more than one or two government employees not allowed to provide their own protection. I bet even if they do start walking in larger groups, and this happen and the group fights back rather than simply trying to convey "oh that's 4 people, we don't wanna try that" image by simply being in a group... they'd all lose their jobs.
    Last edited by Curtis; 07-24-2010 at 10:27 PM.

Post imported post

3 letters: CHP.

If I took a job like that, one thing I would NOT be is 'unarmed'.
    I sell ObamaBlades: Single-edged razors you can use to either remove the bumper sticker off your car, or slash your wrists..whichever works best for you.

Post imported post

vt800c wrote:
    3 letters: CHP.

If I took a job like that, one thing I would NOT be is 'unarmed'.
    If a census/government worker carried on the job, assuming they did not have to go into a federal building for their job, would it be just an employee policy being broken or a law as well?

Post imported post

I would imagine it would just be work policy broken but I wouldn't put my life on it.

With that said, they could not pay me enough to walk around and harass people for info that I feel is mostly unconstitutional anyway. If they knocked on my door and asked for anything other than "how many people live here" id say robbery would be the last things they would be worried about but that's for another forum.

Post imported post

Ahhh, Fairfield court? I've been there... -never unarmed!-

Fairfield court = projects
    illegal ≠ immoral legal ≠ moral
    [SIZE=1]"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. "Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson
    G19 Gen 4; Bersa Thunder 380; Sig Sauer P238; Kel-Tec su-16c

Post imported post

"You got a lot of different people from different communities living together, learning how to get along and live together, so knocking on their doors you don't know what kind of mood or what's going on in their life," said one resident who did not want to give her name
    Gimme a break.