• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Do Census workers in Richmond get hazard pay?

curtiswr

imported post

Yeah, I know, another Bad Richmond! thread from me. :uhoh:

Safety in numbers. Yeah. Safer bets that the criminals will get more valuables from more than one or two government employees not allowed to provide their own protection. I bet even if they do start walking in larger groups, and this happen and the group fights back rather than simply trying to convey "oh that's 4 people, we don't wanna try that" image by simply being in a group... they'd all lose their jobs.

Last edited:

curtiswr

imported post

vt800c wrote:
3 letters: CHP.

If I took a job like that, one thing I would NOT be is 'unarmed'.
If a census/government worker carried on the job, assuming they did not have to go into a federal building for their job, would it be just an employee policy being broken or a law as well?

driveramsII

imported post

I would imagine it would just be work policy broken but I wouldn't put my life on it.

With that said, they could not pay me enough to walk around and harass people for info that I feel is mostly unconstitutional anyway. If they knocked on my door and asked for anything other than "how many people live here" id say robbery would be the last things they would be worried about but that's for another forum.

Glock27Bill

imported post

"You got a lot of different people from different communities living together, learning how to get along and live together, so knocking on their doors you don't know what kind of mood or what's going on in their life," said one resident who did not want to give her name
Gimme a break.