• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

BassPro gunlaw workshop this sat

Nevada carrier

imported post

Would be funny if they tried to perpetuate the same myths and outright lies that some of the CCW instructors like to spread.

We could end up teaching the seminar.

Sabotage70

imported post

Nevada carrier wrote:
Would be funny if they tried to perpetuate the same myths and outright lies that some of the CCW instructors like to spread.

We could end up teaching the seminar.
Or at least calling bullsh!t on some of there claims.

One time when I was in there. I heard one of the salesmen at the gun counter telling two false tales. One was that we have the "castle doctrine" here in Nevada, which I wasn't positive at the time. And that it was illegal to have a firearm in you car while in Northtown. Which I did correct him on. Stating the preemptive law voids that.

DavidS

imported post

Yep it was good!! No problems Open Carrying at BassPro. As I was walking to the restroom, 2 little kids were saying "Mommy, mommy those guys have GUNS!!! It was too funny! I did notice some looks from employees but no one said anything. I had one person ask me, after the reloading class, if that was loaded and if it was legal to carry. YEP!! Cocked & Locked!! I informed him it was legal and look up the laws. And informed him of this site. Sorry forgot to get pics.

DavidS

imported post

It's not on the web site but I will call and post times & events.

DavidS

imported post

Grrr 30 min on hold!! But here is the info:

1pm Right Gun
2pm It's the Laws
3pm Basic Reloading
4pm CC Laws

I only stayed for 2 & 3 pm stuff. Very limited seating. It is in the gun room up stairs. I think they were even going to raffle off a free CCW class.

Sabotage70

imported post

Yeah the guy wasn't to bad. He didn't demonize OC. But when he brought up NLV and Boulder city's gun laws he was quickly called out on it. And not by one of us either.He acknowledged the state preemptive but said someone just needs to challenge it.

Sabotage70

imported post

According to the flier I have, his name is Kevin McNair of Tactical West.

But forget about him. The one you really want to go down there for is Samantha Virk(http://samanthaswildlife.com/). You guys should go down there and check out her spread(his words exactly). He really did say that. When he did I almost had a Beavis and Butthead moment. What he was really referring was her photo album of her hunts.