• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC...jumped right in

OCinCT

imported post

Stumbled across OpenCarry.org by accident several weeks ago. I've always had the notion that it was unlawful to OC. After reading the information on this site I've jumped in with both feet. I have carried open before in the state, but that was while working with a security company, in uniform with a full duty belt and a Glock 22.

I've started OCing extensively with my most compact weapon, a Ruger LCP, holstered in either a leather paddle holster or a IWB leather holster that has a beltloop on it, both have thumbbreak retention. I also always carry two extra magazines on the belt for the weapon I'm carrying.

When I was CCing I would usually carry one of my other favorite weapons, Glock 26 or Kahr PM9. I am working my way up to these weapons.:D

I've been in many places, restaurants, hardware stores, grocery stores, gas stations, coffee shops, pet stores, etc in eastern CT, and southwestern CT. Haven't had one inquiry, or even a strange look that I could detect.

OCinCT

imported post

Had my first question about OC yesterday. I was making a purchase and the cashier asked "whats up with open carrying" I briefly explained OC and left the store. I returned to the person and gave him a copy of the CCDL brochure. He thanked me for the information.

As I was walking to my car a man ran after me asking if I was a LEO. I confirmed for him that I was not. He asked why I was OCing. I explained to this gentleman and gave him information to get info from CCDL site ( I was fresh out of the pamplets I had printed) He explained hes had a permit for years and had no idea that OC was permissable.

The mission goes well.:celebrate

dwayner79

imported post

OCinCT get best newbii award. 2 posts and he has done a heck of a lot more for the cause then, well, me for one.

Good job.