Thread: OC/CCW at Taste Cincinnati?

Post imported post

Is open carry or concealed carry allowed at Taste Cincinnati? from Handgunlaw.us: " Concealed firearms are banned in premises for which a D permit has been issued or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued."

How would I know if Taste Cincinnati is serving alcohol under a D permit?

Post imported post

I don't know for sure, probably a Class F license at TOC. But alcohol is being sold all over that event, makes it hard to stay "inside the boundary lines" as it were.

Post imported post

So if not a class D license then carrying would be okay?

Post imported post

It is a enumerated alcohol area, and is considered a no carry zone. Some of the entry's will have signs saying no carry. Falls under festival, public gathering, type event. Ohio is still working on the restaurant carry laws.
    Favorite recent Quote:
    "As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun and I've said it before and I'll say it again they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
    Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters

State Researcher

Post imported post

Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.121(A) only prohibits possessing a firearm "in any room in which any person is consuming liquor in premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued."
    James M. "Jim" Mullins, Jr., Esq.
    Admitted to practice in West Virginia and Florida.

Founder, Past President, Treasurer, and General Counsel, West Virginia Citizens Defense League, Inc.
    Life Member, NRA

Post imported post

Thanks everyone. Based on the fact I would be unable to defend myself in a less than desirable part of Cincinnati, I've decided to spend my money on the southern side of the Ohio River, and get some range time in.

Post imported post

That's a good call John, I often make the same choice myself. Won't be long and you'll actually feel warm fuzzies as you cross into Kentucky. It's also helped me learn some alternate routes when I-75 or I-71 are jammed up.