• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC/CCW at Taste Cincinnati?

JohnKelly

imported post

Is open carry or concealed carry allowed at Taste Cincinnati? from Handgunlaw.us: " Concealed firearms are banned in premises for which a D permit has been issued or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued."

How would I know if Taste Cincinnati is serving alcohol under a D permit?

Brian D.

imported post

I don't know for sure, probably a Class F license at TOC. But alcohol is being sold all over that event, makes it hard to stay "inside the boundary lines" as it were.

FiremanJoe

imported post

It is a enumerated alcohol area, and is considered a no carry zone. Some of the entry's will have signs saying no carry. Falls under festival, public gathering, type event. Ohio is still working on the restaurant carry laws.

JimMullinsWVCDL

State Researcher
imported post

Ohio Rev. Code § 2923.121(A) only prohibits possessing a firearm "in any room in which any person is consuming liquor in premises for which a D permit has been issued under Chapter 4303. of the Revised Code or in an open air arena for which a permit of that nature has been issued."

JohnKelly

imported post

Thanks everyone. Based on the fact I would be unable to defend myself in a less than desirable part of Cincinnati, I've decided to spend my money on the southern side of the Ohio River, and get some range time in.

Brian D.

imported post

That's a good call John, I often make the same choice myself. Won't be long and you'll actually feel warm fuzzies as you cross into Kentucky. It's also helped me learn some alternate routes when I-75 or I-71 are jammed up.