• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

This ain't California...

Sonora Rebel

imported post

TUCSON, AZ -- Tucson police say an attempted robbery of a store that sells auto alarms and stereos turned into a shootout that left one suspected robber dead and three others wounded Tuesday night.

Police say the shooting occurred about 7 p.m. inside M&M Customs in the 3000 block of North Stone Avenue south of Fort Lowell Road. They say four men entered the business and tried rob the owner and an employee.

While the robbers confronted the employee, the owner pulled a gun and a shootout ensued. At some point, the employee also pulled a gun and fired at the robbers.

Police say one of the robbers was killed, another suffered life-threatening injuries and two others were not seriously wounded.

Their identities were not immediately released.

Police say the business owner suffered a non-life-threatening wound.

What the news weenies have failed to report is the legality of the banditos.

GWbiker

imported post

...also this ain't Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois or Hawaii....:celebrate:celebrate

Dahwg

imported post

Heard about it earlier on the radio came here to see if it had been posted yet. Chances are if there had been any customers in the store some of them would have been armed as well, there could very well have been more dead BGs- they lucked out.

Article1section23

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
...also this ain't Maryland, New Jersey, New York, Massachusetts, Illinois or Hawaii....:celebrate:celebrate
lol...... That is some good shooting. I would give the employee a raise forpulling his gun.

*1911_man*

imported post

If i ever own a business, im making it a requirement that all my employees carry while they are working. Just for occasions like this one.

mrh2008

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
If i ever own a business, im making it a requirement that all my employees carry while they are working. Just for occasions like this one.
you could just put up a sign to make sure the BG's with guns stay out... :lol:

lopez100790

imported post

Great story to hear. Thumbs up for the owner and the employee of this store. If only more businesses reacted in this way less robberies would occur. One more case of great gun owners using there 2nd amendment right. :celebrate

PavePusher

imported post

More details. P.S. Don't try to rob this store....

http://azstarnet.com/news/local/crime/article_af05680c-...

"Four men who tried to rob a north-side auto shop Tuesday were thwarted when the store's owner pulled out a shotgun and an employee drew a handgun in a shootout that turned deadly for the robbers, police said.

One of the robbers was killed, the three others were injured and the shop's owner suffered a bullet wound in the arm, police said. The employee who fired the fatal shot was not hurt, police said."

More at link.

Dahwg

imported post

...The four men are all gang members, he said...

The victims held the suspects at gunpoint until police officers arrived.
Two of the suspects had served time in Arizona Department of Corrections.
Stith was released from prison in March after serving about six years for armed robbery and aggravated robbery, according to state prison records.
Carlos Peyron had served about two years for aggravated assault.

Dang we've even got the Arizona Red Star trained to tell the good guys from the bad.

GWbiker

imported post

To repeat the headline:"This ain't California".

This is how many OC/CC citizens in Arizona feel about California...

AZ2CO09

imported post

Holy Crap! I think I just messed myself from laughing so hard!:lol:

GWbiker wrote:
To repeat the headline:"This ain't California".

This is how many OC/CC citizens in Arizona feel about California...

crisisweasel

imported post

I try to be balanced, and fair-minded about the fact that a life was lost and so forth, but reading this article only reminds me of exactly where the line is that I part ways with the bleeding hearts who think every death is a tragedy.

Stith was released from prison in March after serving about six years for armed robbery and aggravated robbery, according to state prison records.

Carlos Peyron had served about two years for aggravated assault.

"The four men are all gang members, he said."

I will have a dram of single malt scotch tonight, and in fact I think I'll make it a Lagavulin, in celebration of their impending incarceration.

*1911_man*

imported post

Personally i have no sympathy for the criminals that got killed, they had a choice, and that choice led to their demise. We all have to make choices during our lifetime, some good, some bad, when you choose the bad, you have to be ready to accept the consequences. The store owner, and employee feared for their lives, and reacted properly. The way i see it is it was either them, or the bad guys.

We-the-People

imported post

mrh2008 wrote:
>meso.40< wrote:
you could just put up a sign to make sure the BG's with guns stay out... :lol:
Would that be a chalk outline on the sidewalk outside the door and a "scoreboard" on the wall nearby?

Or maybe a sign thatsays:

WARNING

To ALL EMPLOYEES

DID YOU BRING YOUR GUN? IF NOT GO HOME AND GET IT!

Huck

imported post

>meso.40< wrote:
Personally i have no sympathy for the criminals that got killed, they had a choice, and that choice led to their demise. We all have to make choices during our lifetime, some good, some bad, when you choose the bad, you have to be ready to accept the consequences. The store owner, and employee feared for their lives, and reacted properly. The way i see it is it was either them, or the bad guys.

I agree. I'll never shed a tear when bad guys get capped whiletrying to rob, or worse, honest people.

"You reap what you sow"

MK

imported post

mrh2008 wrote:
Would that be a chalk outline on the sidewalk outside the door and a "scoreboard" on the wall nearby?

nowthat's a good one!