• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Is State ID Required For a Pistol Permit?

Haman J.T.

imported post

You have to have a drivers license or state ID for sure.I don't know of any other ID that would work.

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

IF one is required (and I have not inquired of your state's laws regarding such), have you considered a Passport Card? Forty-five dollars spread out over ten years is a pretty reasonable amount to pay.
It's issued on the Federal level but doesn't contain the information most people would prefer to be kept private from inquisitive police officers on fishing expeditions.

newppt_card.jpg

Fallschirjmäger

imported post

lil_freak_66 wrote:
can a US citizen get a US passport?

i think its only 15 to get a state ID though
Yes, the U.S. State Department issues U.S. passports to U.S. citizens. If you're not a U.S. citizen you are not eligible for a U.S. passport; you'll have to obtain one from the country you are a citizen of.

All U.S. citizens may apply for a passport card. Minor citizens (under 16) may obtain a card at reduced price that is valid for 5 years.

sprinklerguy28

imported post

(c) The person is a citizen of the United States and is a legal resident of this state. For the purposes of this section, a person shall be considered a legal resident of this state if any of the following apply:

(i) The person has a valid, lawfully obtained Michigan driver license issued under the Michigan vehicle code, 1949 PA 300, MCL 257.1 to 257.923, or an official state personal identification card issued under 1972 PA 222, MCL 28.291 to 28.300.

(ii) The person is lawfully registered to vote in this state.

(iii) The person is on active duty status with the United States armed forces and is stationed outside of this state, but the person's home of record is in this state.

(iv) The person is on active duty status with the United States armed forces and is permanently stationed in this state, but the person's home of record is in another state