• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

does open carrying while wearing a ski mask warrant alarm?

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

does open carrying a firearm while wearing a ski mask warrant alarm? i ask this, because i tend to wear my ski mask a lot during the winter, but have never open carried while doing so. would it warrant alarm? i am serious with this question.

Aaron1124

imported post

Actually, despite what people may think is a troll question, this is a good question. I, too, have seen people wear ski masks during the extreme cold, however, I've never seen someone OC while wearing one. I would suggest that if the environment called for it (such as the extreme cold, like you said) then it wouldn't warrant alarm. However, you should take it off upon entering businesses.

I can't answer as to what the police, prosecutor, judge or jury would say though, just how I would personally feel.

Again, I can't say I wouldn't feel a bit alarmed if I were out jogging at night, and I encountered a sole man, whom is armed, and sporting a ski mask, especially in the areas I go jogging at.

I don't know really. Good question.

69Charger

imported post

YEP.
Bet you would get to see DA MAN.

Dave

Tawnos

imported post

U8Dust wrote:
does open carrying a firearm while wearing a ski mask warrant alarm? i ask this, because i tend to wear my ski mask a lot during the winter, but have never open carried while doing so. would it warrant alarm? i am serious with this question.
Serious like a heart attack?

Or like the fact you've done nothing but post troll posts here?

G20-IWB24/7

imported post

Hmm. Don't know.But I am smart enough to know I'm not going to volunteer to be the test case...

Also: Why would you want to? If it's cold enough outside to be wearing a ski mask, isn't it cold enough to be wearing a winter over-coat (which would cover the weapon, anyway)???

Aaron1124

imported post

G20-IWB24/7 wrote:
Hmm. Don't know.But I am smart enough to know I'm not going to volunteer to be the test case...

Also: Why would you want to? If it's cold enough outside to be wearing a ski mask, isn't it cold enough to be wearing a winter over-coat (which would cover the weapon, anyway)???
LOL You would think...

Why not just conceal it if you're going to put something over your face?

OrangeIsTrouble

imported post

Aaron1124 wrote:
G20-IWB24/7 wrote:

LOL You would think...

Why not just conceal it if you're going to put something over your face?
Maybe because he/she doesn't have a CPL!

Matt85

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
knight_308 wrote:
Instead of a ski mask would you consider a Hello Kitty scarf?

And a matching gun!

hellokittyguns2.jpg

is that a comifornia legal "hello kitty" AR?!?! :banghead:

-matt

Batousaii

imported post

U8Dust is a long time troll, most all of his posts are absurd and asinine. I personally think he should be banned, as his intention appears to be making us look bad.

Just my 2-cents.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

U8Dust wrote:
So does the sun rising in the east mean that day is on the way? And I was serious with this answer!

kwikrnu

Banned
imported post

I can't remember where I read it, but there was a guy wearing a hoodie who went to the bank. I don't think he had a handgun, but I thinkthe judge sent him to jail.

amzbrady

imported post

He may be a troll but at least he's funny and thinks outside the box with questions that really make ya think. I dont think if I saw someone outside with a "holstered gun" anda ski mask "when it's cold", I would think twice about it. As we all know, or dont know of is criminals that walk around open carry in a holster. Gun or not anyone with a ski mask should or any mask should have to reveal their face for security camera upon entering business's. I would be leary if someone was inside a store and still had the mask on.

Tomahawk

imported post

amzbrady wrote:
Gun or not anyone with a ski mask should or any mask should have to reveal their face for security camera upon entering business's.
That would work fine...for people who are not bank robbers and actually obey laws.

For people with criminal intent they will just ignore the rule against wearing a mask, just like they are ignoring the law against robbing banks and carrying a gun while committing felonies.

As for trolls,
banhim.gif