• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ruger LCP 380 used pricing?

zepproxx

imported post

Hello Friends, I am looking for a Ruger LCP 380 used. Any advice on where to find one used that maybe I have not been able to find using search engines? Money is tight but want to gun up for my new CCW here in Florida. Any help is appreciated.

zepproxx

imported post

Just lookin for one used at a good price. I was inquiring about any sites that may be good to look at that maybe are hard to find. I had seen one used for $180.00 but couldn't swing it at the time. Motivated seller is what I am looking for I guess.

zepproxx

imported post

I have no threshold price. That was a deal I saw a few months back but could not take advantage of at that time. Just shopping the best deal used and looking for the sites that may help in that search.

midnight61

imported post

I think another consideration you'll need to factor into your finances is the price of ammo. 380acp is pretty expensive (when it can be found) compared to 9mm. I wish you luck and hope you find something reliable & affordable.

ecocks

imported post

If you are truly determined to stay with a .380 and hold that price point, my advice is to include Kel-Tec, Bersa,Hi-Pointand Taurus in your search. You can get a new Hi-Point at the price. It gets the job done.

As far as availability, stopping powerand price of ammo, I'd also urge you to consider 9mm in your shopping. Hi-Point, Ruger, Kel-Tec and EAA have new and used models which fit your price range and provide you more accessible ammo, with better stopping power, probably at cheaper prices in most areas. There will probably be more of these in the used market since they are most folks' entry point and get swapped during tradeups by those who want only one gun but are stepping up to a more powerful round with a different frame as they become used to carrying.

Best of luck.

zepproxx

imported post

Thanks for the reply. It is a pocket gun that I am looking for. I live in Florida and I am looking for something I can carry in my cargo shorts.

ecocks

imported post

zepproxx wrote:
Thanks for the reply. It is a pocket gun that I am looking for. I live in Florida and I am looking for something I can carry in my cargo shorts.
Right, check Kel-Tec for a flat little .380/9mm. Bersa is a bit thicker but can still fit coat pockets and cargo pantsfairly well.

richarcm

imported post

I was looking for the same a few weeks ago. My experience was that nobody was selling their LCPs. Which says a bit possibly about how people like them. But there are a few Keltec 3Ats out there. I found a couple of them used at gun shops and on www.vaguntrader.com.

I ended up just finding the best price on a new LCP and.......'bit the bullet'.

I'm glad that I did. I wouldn't have been as happy with any of the other make/models.