Thread: New to Springfield MO

Post imported post

hey everybody! I am brand spanking new to Mo. I have moved to springfield and was curious on the local laws and ordinances with open carry. also was wondering how local LEO's felt about the issue. im moving from michigan where they have pretty much accepted it and dont want any trouble in springfield. thanks

Post imported post

tweeder wrote:
    hey everybody! I am brand spanking new to Mo. I have moved to springfield and was curious on the local laws and ordinances with open carry. also was wondering how local LEO's felt about the issue. im moving from michigan where they have pretty much accepted it and dont want any trouble in springfield. thanks
    Hey tweeder,

Your good to go in Springfield. Welcome to the site and Mo! Quite a few people down that way that I'm sure you can meet up with.

Post imported post

Shawn wrote:
    tweeder wrote:
    hey everybody!* I am brand spanking new to Mo.* I have moved to springfield and was curious on the local laws and ordinances with open carry.* also was wondering how local LEO's felt about the issue.* im moving from michigan where they have pretty much accepted it and dont want any trouble in springfield.* thanks
    Hey tweeder,

Your good to go in Springfield.* Welcome to the site and Mo!* Quite a few people down that way that I'm sure you can meet up with.
    tweed...i'm originally from springfield. OC is legal there. on the other note, it doesn't matter how the LEO's feel about jack squat with OC...it's not their job to feel...especially about something that's legal for you to do. :-)

Post imported post

I can tell you that while most of the LEO's will keep their opinions to themselves and enforce the law, there are some that seem to want to tell you exactly what they think of your "right". Those are very few and far between here in MO, but they are out there.

Typically it is along the lines of "Why would you want to open carry when you can conceal?" or "Someone will take it away from you and shoot you." etc.

I keep a copy of the ordinances with me in my cars, you might want to do the same. Takes up very little room and might come in handy.