• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

this may be a dumb question, but..

U8Dust

Banned
imported post

how do court house metal detectors detect guns, when most glocks are plastic? what is stopping someone from carrying another weapon in there thats not metal? like a pepper spray or something

Aaron1124

imported post

U8Dust wrote:
what is stopping someone from carrying another weapon in there thats not metal? like a pepper spray or something
Nothing, because pepper sprays aren't banned from the court, as they're not a "dangerous weapon". Same with shocking devices.

.45ACPaddy

imported post

U8Dust wrote:
how do court house metal detectors detect guns, when most glocks are plastic? what is stopping someone from carrying another weapon in there thats not metal? like a pepper spray or something
Unload and disassemble your Glock while following all the rules of gun safety. Now, knock yourself in the head with the frame. Doesn't hurt too bad, now, does it?

Now repeat with the slide.

Let me know the results after you wake up :lol:

Aryk45XD

imported post

NavyLT wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
I always trip the detectors anyway. too many piercings.
Aryk45XD, buddy... it's not the piercings that are tripping the metal detector. It's the jewelry in the piercings... :lol:
LOL. true that.

There is one way to get a gun past the detectors. You have to be really good at molding plastic and hiding a bullet in your key chain. You'd only get one shot though. I saw it on a movie so it must be true.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Aryk45XD wrote:
NavyLT wrote:
Aryk45XD wrote:
I always trip the detectors anyway. too many piercings.
Aryk45XD, buddy... it's not the piercings that are tripping the metal detector. It's the jewelry in the piercings... :lol:
LOL. true that.

There is one way to get a gun past the detectors. You have to be really good at molding plastic and hiding a bullet in your key chain. You'd only get one shot though. I saw it on a movie so it must be true.

I stayed once at the Bonaventure Hotel in LA where that movie was filmed!

Great Movie! In the Line of Fire!

user1367_1174303077.jpg

Glocked and Loaded

imported post

Glocks do not have any external safeties so as you walk past the metal detectors it sends off a vibration that will pull the trigger and your Glock will go full auto. But if you have a safety then the metal detector will notice the extra metal in the safety switch. That's how they know you have a gun.

Bovaloe

imported post

Glocked and Loaded wrote:
Glocks do not have any external safeties so as you walk past the metal detectors it sends off a vibration that will pull the trigger and your Glock will go full auto. But if you have a safety then the metal detector will notice the extra metal in the safety switch. That's how they know you have a gun.
Holy @&%$!! :what:Is that really true? I better not try to carry my glock near any metal detectors then, thanks for the info.;)

antispam540

imported post

Uh, no. Hopefully that was sarcastic - we really need a "sarcasm" smiley.

Even if the frame and slide were plastic (and in Glocks only the frame is plastic), there have to be metal internal parts. Plastic doesn't make good gun barrels, and a gun barrel is plenty of metal to trip a detector.

They're quite sensitive.

The metal doesn't even have to be ferrous (magnetic/magnetizable) for it to be detected, since it'll still get induced eddy currents and affect the resonant frequency of the detector's coil.

amzbrady

imported post

antispam540 wrote:
Uh, no. Hopefully that was sarcastic - we really need a "sarcasm" smiley.

PT111

imported post

A Glock 7 will not set off metal detectors and you can walk right though undetected. However they are very expensive and usually a special order item as most gun dealers will not keep one in stock due to the cost.

gogodawgs

Campaign Veteran
imported post

PT111 wrote:
A Glock 7 will not set off metal detectors and you can walk right though undetected. However they are very expensive and usually a special order item as most gun dealers will not keep one in stock due to the cost.

25622_334976432461_334974612461_3772870_6726659_n.jpg