• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Popped ANOTHER open carry cherry!

.45ACPaddy

imported post

That makes two in one week! A friend of mine just bought his first handgun (he's shot a good bit before), a Beretta 96. He needed ammo so we went to the Lakewood Wally World. Surprisingly they had ammo in stock we got some WWB hollow points. All while open carrying, without any guff from anyone. He was carrying California style while we were going to get ammo.

Another OCer joins the ranks!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Mech

imported post

That's great to hear!
Also, just outta curiosity, what is "California style carry"?

Bookman

Campaign Veteran
Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States
imported post

G22Paddy wrote:
That makes two in one week! A friend of mine just bought his first handgun (he's shot a good bit before), a Beretta 96. He needed ammo so we went to the Lakewood Wally World. Surprisingly they had ammo in stock we got some WWB hollow points. All while open carrying, without any guff from anyone. He was carrying California style while we were going to get ammo.

Another OCer joins the ranks!:celebrate:celebrate:celebrate

Sounds like you're on a roll. Good work!

iamjnox

imported post

I'M THE ONE WHO WAS DEVIRGINIZED! Does this mean I get cookies and beer now?

We walked into Wal-mart to clarify on Paddy's idea of a 'store' lol. Surprisingly like he said, they didn't give us any gruff and were fairly open to us carrying around in public. I realized after walking in there however, we had several heads turning.

This isn't very unusual inside a retail chain or outlet, but the employees didn't give us a hassle and that's the surprising point of the whole story, other than he popped my open carry cherry.

Usually wal-mart is high strung about simple laws and go above and beyond all law lengths to make people inferior to their /flex status of retail DOMINANCEEEEE!

I can haz holster nao?

69Charger

imported post

Make sure ya bring all these guys to Dennys on the 22nd, with you. :)
Nothing more AWESOME then a bunch of people sitting around with a cup of coffee in there hand and a weapon on there hip.

FREEKIN AWESOME. :cool:

Dave

Trigger Dr

imported post

massivedesign wrote:
1245A Defender wrote:
sometimes wish i lived on the seattle side,,, id go to more get togethers!

+1.. We need a Thurston / Mason county chapter lol
There is one, Bear 4570,SV libertarian and 1245Defender.

Iron_Colonel

imported post

I'm not far from the Libertarian either. We had an impromptu OC meet with the three of us, just_a_car, SV and myself at a pizza place. Ironically we ordered a pizza from a pizza place downtown Oly that held it's name in honor of Ted Nugent. It was rather tasty, and it was a very large pizza.

sudden valley gunner

imported post

I wish the libertarian guys would post more like they used to. I think some of the statist status quo consrvatives and nutters keep them away. They argue the libertarian values a lot better than myself. Oh well I will keep trying. I am not a party politic person but if I was it would be libertarian.