• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Guy from Iowa visiting MO

Cruel Halo

imported post

New guy from Iowa with my first post. I'm coming down to fish in a tournament on Mark Twain this weekend and I was reviewing the the city chart tagged at the top of the MO forum and couldn't find anything for the cities located around Mark Twain Lake. I did a search of Monroe City and noticed the ordinances as follows:

[align=left]Sec. 58-291. Unlawful use of weapons.[/align]

[align=left]A person commits the offense of unlawful use of weapons, which is hereby prohibited, if he knowingly:[/align]
[align=left](1) Possesses or discharges a firearm or projectile weapon while intoxicated;[/align]
[align=left](2) Discharges a firearm within 100 yards of any occupied schoolhouse, courthouse, or church building;[/align]
[align=left](3) Discharges or shoots a firearm at a mark, at any object, or at random, on, along or across a public highway or discharges or shoots a firearm into any outbuilding; or[/align]
[align=left](4) Carries a firearm or any other weapon readily capable of lethal use into any church or place where people have assembled for worship, or into any school, or into any election precinct on any election day, or into any building owned or occupied by any agency of the federal government, state government, or political subdivision thereof, or into any public assemblage of persons met for any lawful purpose.[/align]
[align=left]There are other common lawordinances such as where firearms may NOT be carried such as city-owned buildings; the firing of a weapon within city limits, etc. So, am I interpreting the law correctly in that Monroe City it would be within my rights to OC? I havemy CCW from Iowa but I like to OC whenever I get the chance. Thanks for your help and I love the Missouri OC forum.[/align]

Superlite27

imported post

You are arriving right smack dab in my neck of the woods. Monroe City is a little north of Mark Twain Lake, but you'll be around Center, New London, and a little North of Bowling Green. I've OC'ed in these towns with no trouble quite often.

Hannibal is a little to the north of MTL on Highway 61 and I believe they're a NO GO on open carry, although I'm not certain.

Mark Twain should be pretty decent this weekend. We've had a bit of rain that has mudded up the creeks and rivers nearby, but hopefully the lake should be clear and the weather nice for this weekend. Supposed to rain on Sunday, though.